Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2021, 10:20 AM
Kobold

Enable PvP in raid zones like tov, st, and vp
Old 08-06-2021, 12:01 PM
Orc

Is this the kind of crap that keeps people interested in P99?
Old 08-06-2021, 01:04 PM
Banned

You guys wipe to the trash pulls when theres 120 people there (2 guilds) get fkn good jeez. Id ban both guilds for suckage
Old 08-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this the kind of crap that keeps people interested in P99?
If you are referring to the forced social interactions due to the lack of instancing that results in drama and all the other things that come with sharing content? Yeah, that's EverQuest. If this sort of stuff is intolerable for you (understandably so), there's a very long list of MMO's (including Live) that have eliminated these problems that may interest you.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:26 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are referring to the forced social interactions due to the lack of instancing that results in drama and all the other things that come with sharing content? Yeah, that's EverQuest. If this sort of stuff is intolerable for you (understandably so), there's a very long list of MMO's (including Live) that have eliminated these problems that may interest you.
A simple "yes" would have sufficed.

There are a lot of fun adventures to be had in P99 and it's very sad that most of you prefer to do this instead.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:27 PM
Banned

petition was denied =O
Old 08-06-2021, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

kinda fucked that you can lock down a guild with accidental trains indefinitely while go around killing all the other dragons and only have to concede that dragon for your griefing efforts.
Old 08-06-2021, 05:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A simple "yes" would have sufficed.

There are a lot of fun adventures to be had in P99 and it's very sad that most of you prefer to do this instead.
My response is outlining that this is what EverQuest is. By design, we are forced to socially interact which will inevitably create conflict. It's not a matter of desire, nobody craves conflict, but that's literally what this game is designed to do (interact). I am not sure how else to explain it to you. Yes, that social interaction is what makes human beings tick and why EQ is so addictive.

As I said, if that's not your thing, this is not the game for you.
Last edited by Delekhan; 08-06-2021 at 05:59 PM..
Old 08-06-2021, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imposter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
kinda fucked that you can lock down a guild with accidental trains indefinitely while go around killing all the other dragons and only have to concede that dragon for your griefing efforts.
Apparently it’s new Meta. Why have to race when you can force peeps into hour long Cr and just give up a single target, while y’all go on and get the rest.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-06-2021, 06:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem with your logic here is that "intention" never mattered. All that mattered was the result of the action committed.
That is right. That is how it should be. That is what "my logic" is trying to argue, perhaps poorly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It sounds like the result was that FoW got completely fucked over by ST regardless if ST "intended" to cause such harm or not, and hopefully the punishment will reflect that.
I mean FoW got the dragon AND 2 weeks of concessions from ST on 2 dragons. That is potentially 6x dragons. FWIW they positioned their raid force leaving very little margin of error for competing bodies. They sat under the nose of the encounter. IDk if that is strategic preference or what but that is their prerogative. The fact that you just assumed ST got the kill and didn't bow out immediately shows the bias in the discussion.

For two weeks 3 different guilds have been exchanging trains with each other on this specific spot. You only saw petitions from one of them.

Quote:
Its funny to me though that the top guild always behaves the same, regardless of who is in that position.
This might speak to more of your perception of things. Thank god staff was there and watched the whole thing. They know it wasn't nefarious. Staff threw out the petition already.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
When they fuck up and accidently train a competing guild somehow they always find a way to play victim
I think it is reasonable for people to be annoyed when they are accused of things presented in partial truths. Part of my sarcasm you previously noted was due to major chunks of the story being left out. I don't think it was intentional by these folk here I just think folk sometimes get caught up in the moment or become misinformed. Sometimes willfully idk. My sarcasm is there because it happens literally every time. Seal Team gets a lot of attention but FWIW its not always other guilds vs Seal Team. Guilds on p99 in general treat each other poorly. People are more concerned with postulating, being right, being vindictive, and getting free concessions. (And not always against ST)

Quote:
and find some convoluted way to spin the blame on the actual victim.
That is an unfortunate perception you have. ST screwed up and owned it. No one in ST leadership is saying this is their fault. I am sure people have their opinions, as do I, in how FoW positions their raid force for this specific encounter, but that isn't what this is about. I never played on Blue but my experience in ST has shown that the server has very unhealthy misconceptions between other guilds. Not just with the top guild. But if people think that after almost a decade of p99 that the top guild is somehow always the asshole then maybe the perception and understanding of what is going on might be skewed.

Quote:
But when the opposite happens, and the top guild is trained or literally anything happens, even when it doesn't affect the outcome and the top guild still ends up with the kill,
Well the top guild didn't get the kill AND ST didn't file a petition until AFTER FoW filed theirs. I assume ST will drop their petition now that staff has dismissed FOW's.

Quote:
"Intention" should not be factored into a GM decision, because it cannot be proven,
I agree but I am speaking more in the context of our community and how we address each other. There is a vindictive tone here. I know folk have been wronged in the past and even some petition rulings have gone poorly which have created lasting grudges. I am challenging us to work away from that.

Quote:
and that's why ST will try to use it the best they can to spin spin spin, baby!
If you think only the "top guild" is spinning stuff and no one else you might be part of the problem.

Quote:
You should be able to see where this becomes a problem. Because if not, you are already drunk off the cool aid.
Either we treat each other like peers and colleagues on a shared server or we speak past each other, accuse each other, constantly and routinely assume the worst in each other. We just turn into blue.
Closed Thread