Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 09:20 AM
Sarnak

Default New rogue weapon choices

So I just started a dwarf rogue for the barrel-roll stat. I have a 12/21 spear, but people keep saying the 10/18 dagger is best for leveling. Am I going to see a significant difference in dps with the dagger or should I stick with the spear?
Old 08-24-2021, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

In the early levels speed > all else due to melee hit cap. Throughout your leveling and even at max level ratio can overcome speed for auto attack dps but it has to be exceptionally good to do so (ie 13/30 > 10/18).

A seb dirk is very cheap for what it is. I’d pick up a locustlure too when you can find one. Even post epic there will be cases soloing or situations (mob pushed into a wall) when it will make sense to offhand the epic. It’s pretty bad auto attack dps so every missed backstab is painful; in these cases crank up the speed or get sneaky/shrunk for those backstab attempts.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:25 AM
Sarnak

I actually have a locustlure i looted on my main. I just didn't think it was worth using until it procced. Always assumed higher damage weapon > fast attacks. Ill need to try it out. Thanks for the reply
Old 08-24-2021, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Speaking from experience leveling a rogue through hhk right now at level 51.

For gear I have Mrylo bp, fungi, epic, locustlure and blood points, and overall decent ec gear otherwise. I have found that the fights against captain boshinko, Isabella and single noble go more smoothly if I backstab initially with epic (offhand bloodpoint), and then immediately swap to locustlure mainhand, epic offhand. 8/17 is fairly good with 40% haste and the attack a dwarven rogue of this stature will bring to the table. It seems to proc fairly reliably when mainhanded and at 152 DEX. After slow is applied, I swap epic to mainhand and bloodpoint into offhand to finish off the mob.

This is all anecdotal evidence, but has worked like a charm for me!
Old 08-24-2021, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Yea definitely to level 20 that 17 delay MH is going to chew up mobs. 12/21 is still very good; amazing compared to anything on classic. Just a bit slower and you aren't gaining much with a 29'ish damage cap.

After that if you are trying to eek every last bit of dps out a seb dirk will slightly beat the spear in all but offhand dps (and of course fashion).
Old 08-24-2021, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

10/18 vs 12/21 is pretty close, esp. on a Rogue. I would not worry about it and just grind EXP. If you have a fungi you should _really_ not worry about it.

Locuslure is in fact not worth it until it procs.
Old 08-24-2021, 03:03 PM
Banned

reroll barbarian

thank me later
Old 08-24-2021, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
reroll barbarian

thank me later
With a name like Farrquad as a dwarf, psst forget about it
Old 08-29-2021, 02:53 PM
Sarnak

Human Eyepatch is the winner, but one-eye dwarf is acceptable.
Closed Thread