Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

Smile Why are your characters interesting?

I love the fantasy roleplay aspect of EQ. It really gets my creative nerd heart twisted up into enjoyable knots. Do any of your characters have involved backstories, or have they gone on wild adventures that are worth sharing with the world? To start things off, I'll tell you about my main character back on Vallon Zek [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

On my server ALL half elves worshipped Tunare regardless of class, I guess so all the elf team players would start in the same area. I'd always liked Tunare regardless so it didn't matter much to me, but I do kinda wonder if I would have picked another deity had I had the option. Anyway, she was a half elf bard who worshipped Tunare, and I was all in with elf team bc elves are the shit.

I didn't know I was destined to be a bad guy at the time but I 100% was. Initially, as a good race, you start out grouping with the other light teams (humans, shorts) and murder all the evil characters! This is bc they are evil. Ogres and trolls literally eat people, and the dark elves are no friends of us light elves. Soon though I had made friends with some nice elves who held radical ideals- namely that the dwarves, gnomes, and humans were defiling Tunare's beautiful forests, and they were actually no friends of mine.

These ideals rang true in my heart, and along with my friends in guilds like <Sect of Silence> and <Illuvitae>, I made it my mission to brutally and efficiently bring an end to every sentient creature unlucky enough to be born without light elfin blood in their veins. Truly I was doing Tunare's work, and I was quite proud to finally be doing some real good in the world.

Over time, though, the ravages of war would wear on my soul, and I would grow tired of my pure and moral living. (OOC: i got into my 50s and wanted to start raiding. there were no pure elf raiding guids, and the "light" guilds with shorts/elves/humans all hated me bc i was mean pk)

I came to resent that some of my fellow elves still allied themselves with the absolute worst of all evils: the dwarves. It was so hypocritical that they continued to hunt down ogres and dark elves while igoring the greater evil that plagued their guild ranks and /friend lists. Their hypocrisy affected me so deeply that I even started to harbor feelings of sympathy for the "evil" races. Were the iksar not just misunderstood? It's not their fault they were born with tails and badass pointed lizard teeth.

Eventually I found myself allied with a like-minded group of people. We had every race in our ranks, and I sort of learned to tolerate the small handful of dwarves I was explicitly disallowed from disembowling. The good news: my new guild's mission was to murder everyone! Somehow, during the course of my adventures, I had been stricken with a bad case of the bloodlust. It suited me. In time we even went out of our way to bring down the gods.

The point of no return for me was when my guild assaulted the Plane of Growth, and we struck down my former god. I'm sure she blessed my birth and watched with love as I cut down countless dozens of malicious dwarves. She crafted me into a graceful weapon to serve her benevolent purposes, and in the end it meant her own destruction.

With the act of slashing Tunare's being to pieces, I fully embraced the darkness within me.

!

So that was my main on live! If I ever remake her here on P99 I'll probably choose Rallos Zek as my deity and continue the blessed slaughter of innocents.

Your turn!
Last edited by pink grapefruit; 09-07-2021 at 11:10 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 11:40 PM
Banned

didn't read wall of text but cool story

Most of my characters are always human

I love the way velious graphic looks and rolling a human always make me stand out in

raids

I one day hope I can get my druid a robe of the azure sky and a custom crown of the

kromzek king but one can dream [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

they are not
im just trying to waste time because i didnt have kids or a meaningful career and now that im in my 30s looking at the next 30 to 40 more years to fill with games and other stuff realizing the past 11 were long enough as it is
Old 09-08-2021, 05:05 PM
Sarnak

I have just been informed that its been 12 years
One more down.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuanahto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have just been informed that its been 12 years
One more down.
Thank you for the update.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:37 PM
Banned

Cause I rolled a female shaman and got a guise, which is the coolest looking char possible. People still think I'm a cleric even though I'm holding a giant spear
Old 09-08-2021, 09:51 PM
Fire Giant

My human wizard can use Grobb as a city. Does that count? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-08-2021, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

My characters aren't interesting. RP is lame
Old 09-08-2021, 10:39 PM
Planar Protector

my troll has the baking skill in order to make gnome & hobbit pie. It's one of his favorite meals.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:46 AM
Kobold

I can't play EQ anymore unless I roleplay a character heavily. I've got a human monk who's a total airhead stuck in the 1980's, a human sk who won't wear plate armor because he's a sailor who thinks plate armor will drown him if he falls overboard, a human necro that walks everywhere and doesn't run because she's a risen mummy, a hyper Christmas elf gnome rogue and a troll shaman with a serious lisp (the troll is my only light RP character). I just dig the RP.