Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2021, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

Blue also had a ton of plat inflation from un-Classic Seafuries for like 5 years, and sneak pulling driving down the price of things like Fungi Tunic.

But yea, there is a severe lack of the high end group items from Kunark on Green because of the ZEM changes and how long Kunark was the current expansion.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 09-09-2021, 03:06 AM
Banned

and remember blue had kunark for like 4 years

so a lot of items weren't farmed to autistic levels
Old 09-09-2021, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Another contributing factor is the number of players. When blue was the only non-pvp server option, the player count was like 2000 daily in early Velious on blue. Now with the pop split, the number of buyers and sellers is also split so EC feels a lot more dead. Less people selling = less item variety.

People have also refined their farming strategies and don't waste time farming stuff that doesn't sell, so a lot of those low range staple items are almost impossible to find for sale.
Old 09-09-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another contributing factor is the number of players. When blue was the only non-pvp server option, the player count was like 2000 daily in early Velious on blue. Now with the pop split, the number of buyers and sellers is also split so EC feels a lot more dead. Less people selling = less item variety.

People have also refined their farming strategies and don't waste time farming stuff that doesn't sell, so a lot of those low range staple items are almost impossible to find for sale.
Yeah when there was only one server I feel like people were a lot more willing to put in the time to sell those lower end items that only sell for like 100-200 pp or so. Nowadays people either just bank them and never end up selling them or they pass on looting them altogether. It's crazy...I've never seen so many passes on loot in Blue XP groups as I have in the past couple of months.
Old 09-11-2021, 02:38 AM
Kobold

Just as an example, I bought a CoS prenerf on Blue for 1200pp because Kunark was out for so long a time. Having said that, the Green server prices have been way more expensive then on Live servers at a similar spot in the timeline. So I see both sides to the argument.
Old 09-11-2021, 09:29 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as an example, I bought a CoS prenerf on Blue for 1200pp because Kunark was out for so long a time. Having said that, the Green server prices have been way more expensive then on Live servers at a similar spot in the timeline. So I see both sides to the argument.
Prior to the nerf on blue those circles were reasonable in price. I remember 500p-2k. Then the nerf happened on blue and the price shot up to 10k. From day 1 on green they went for 10k and we're pretty much perma-farmed. In this specific situation is was a combination of people insisting that those on green pay blue prices as well as the knowledge of knowing that they will be nerfed and exactly when they'll be nerfed that created that price on green.

Many other items are just simply supply. The hole being the only place many leveled led to the loss of many other places that were typical classic zones for leveling and the loss of the supply of the loot from those zones. Sebilis is the best example. Even into Luclin it was heavily used as an XP zone on live. It's a ghost town here.

So it's not so much people "avoiding" zones, it's that the incentive to level elsewhere was higher to speed up the leveling process due to a crazy ZEM and the fact that you only have to go LFG in one zone rather than running to 3 different ones (which as a melee can eat up an hour of your night just going zone to zone shooting lfg). Unfortunately we have cheap loam gear all over the server but Kunark class set pieces going for 5k+.
Closed Thread