Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2019, 09:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could someone help me understand this shutdown?

This is what I think I know, and please correct me if I am mistaken -

And before I start I will say that this has nothing to do with the pros and cons of a wall being built. I would even agree that there is some merit to the idea. This is me trying to understand how the process works, and why we can’t seem to work our way out of it.

We had a congressional election and the republicans lost the house. In the words of Trump supporters to democrats for the last two years “You lost, get over it”.

Congress, acting on behave of the people who voted them into office, have passed spending bills that do not include wall funding. In effect, congress has done their job. They have passed spending bills as is their responsibility. Even some GOP voted for these bills.

The bills head to the Republican held senate. Senate majority leader Mitch McConell refuses to bring the bills up for vote in the senate. Because of this, the government has remained shut down.

I really don’t understand how this could be the Democrats fault. Republicans want wall money sure, and we can debate the merits for/against a wall, but that shouldn’t matter. The fact is that is is a Republican currently holding up the process. Why doesn’t McConell put the bills up for vote? Is he afraid they’ll pass? Isn’t that how government is supposed to work? We elect people and they vote on things, even if they don’t like the outcome?

And it these bills pass the senate they will go to Trump’s desk, where he will have to veto them. Ok fine, then they come back to senate and another vote is held to overturn the veto. Again, isn’t that how this is supposed to work?

I ask again - how does anyone blame this shutdown on the democrats? They did their job and passed spending bills. McConnell is the single linchpin holding up this whole process. If the senate republicans don’t like it, they can vote against it. And if Trump doesn’t like it, he can veto and send them back.

If i'm missing something here please explain it to me.
you pretty much got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Kentucky really is running the US... Jesus
Old 01-17-2019, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

mick been quiet

he out layin bricks?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostalgiaquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And before I start I will say that this has nothing to do with the pros and cons of a wall being built. I would even agree that there is some merit to the idea. This is me trying to understand how the process works, and why we can’t seem to work our way out of it.

We had a congressional election and the republicans lost the house. In the words of Trump supporters to democrats for the last two years “You lost, get over it”.

Congress, acting on behave of the people who voted them into office, have passed spending bills that do not include wall funding. In effect, congress has done their job. They have passed spending bills as is their responsibility. Even some GOP voted for these bills.

The bills head to the Republican held senate. Senate majority leader Mitch McConell refuses to bring the bills up for vote in the senate. Because of this, the government has remained shut down.

I really don’t understand how this could be the Democrats fault. Republicans want wall money sure, and we can debate the merits for/against a wall, but that shouldn’t matter. The fact is that is is a Republican currently holding up the process. Why doesn’t McConell put the bills up for vote? Is he afraid they’ll pass? Isn’t that how government is supposed to work? We elect people and they vote on things, even if they don’t like the outcome?

And it these bills pass the senate they will go to Trump’s desk, where he will have to veto them. Ok fine, then they come back to senate and another vote is held to overturn the veto. Again, isn’t that how this is supposed to work?

I ask again - how does anyone blame this shutdown on the democrats? They did their job and passed spending bills. McConnell is the single linchpin holding up this whole process. If the senate republicans don’t like it, they can vote against it. And if Trump doesn’t like it, he can veto and send them back.

As someone who is among family and friends directly affected by the shutdown,
this isn't really about political sports teams i.e. who's winning or who's losing the arm
wrestle politically (we don't give a shit). Real people are getting hurt. I myself as a
contractor am going to get an unpaid vacation starting very very soon.

You're talking politics. I'm talking real people getting screwed. Anyone else out there directly affected by the shutdown?
Old 01-17-2019, 11:11 PM
Banned

Yes. Im directly affected by the government continuing to spend my money recklessly, increasingly asking for more amongst a guise of tax the rich marketting which really only negatively affects middle class me.

Ive already completely divulged my financial statistics to the members of this board, feel free to search my history and tell me, yourself, how much of mine and my childrens monthly 385$ transportation and everything except rent and utilities expenses that our government is entitled to including the above-privatemarket salary and pension obligations middle class america is paying for with your extended family being government workers.
Last edited by Throndor; 01-17-2019 at 11:15 PM..
Old 01-17-2019, 11:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Im directly affected by the government cobtinuing to spend my money recklessly, increasingly asking for more amongst a guise of tax the rich marketting which really only negatively affects middle class me.

Ive already completely divulged my financial statistics to the members of this board, feel free to search my history and tell me, yourself, how much of mine and my childrens monthly 385$ transportation and everything except rent and utilities expenses that our government is entitled to including the above-privatemarket salary and pension obligations middle class america is paying for with your extended family being government workers.
Thanks for agreeing with me. I agree with me too.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by password [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for agreeing with me. I agree with me too.
Np bro. If ur family goes about 9 weeks without pay, theyll be getting what we, in the private sector, get throughout the year this yea. Get used to it, and then see what its like when assholes are voting for you to pay more to the government.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 PM
Banned

Lets also make sure we get rid of your pension under the guise of calling it an entitlement.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. Im directly affected by the government continuing to spend my money recklessly, increasingly asking for more amongst a guise of tax the rich marketting which really only negatively affects middle class me.

If you live in a red state, you are the recipient of more tax money than your state pays. I would humbly suggest that you secede. You guys will do great!
Old 01-17-2019, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by password [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who is among family and friends directly affected by the shutdown,
this isn't really about political sports teams i.e. who's winning or who's losing the arm
wrestle politically (we don't give a shit). Real people are getting hurt. I myself as a
contractor am going to get an unpaid vacation starting very very soon.

You're talking politics. I'm talking real people getting screwed. Anyone else out there directly affected by the shutdown?
this is the most pathetic shit i've ever read, get a grip man
Old 01-17-2019, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
If you live in a red state, you are the recipient of more tax money than your state pays. I would humbly suggest that you secede. You guys will do great!
I live in commiefornia, and im paying 1/3rd of my net in chold support with a 27% timeshare to a worthless drunk bitch. I get taxed at single and myself as a dependent. At the end of the month i have 385$ to pay for food and transportation to see my children. Commiefornia has had an undisturbed blue super majority for nearly 50 years. What now? Whats their excuse for insolvency for having among the highest taxes in the union and the highest per capita income? They still cant afford their govt utopia
Last edited by Throndor; 01-17-2019 at 11:27 PM..
Closed Thread