Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 12:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When sneak pulling was still common and race hide skill had ivu
Gods, we were strong!
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 06-26-2019, 02:00 PM
Sarnak

Roll barb. FQ winners of the warrior class and in terms of utlity we aren't bad either.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:16 AM
Fire Giant

Gnome.

Youre small, you have xray vision (go into first person and press up against a wall)

You can tinker SOW, Haste, Invis, etc items, your own rebreather for your epic, stalking probes (pull with them, proc OT hammers or lifetap items on them etc https://wiki.project1999.com/Stalking_Probe) https://wiki.project1999.com/Cultura...eskills:_Gnome

You can wear a robe https://wiki.project1999.com/Robe_of_the_Azure_Sky

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good faction. Good fashion.
Last edited by Squire; 06-27-2019 at 04:22 AM..
Old 06-27-2019, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

Altough for warrior solo-effeciency I would say regen matters alot more than haste, an iksar or troll with iksar bp/fungi is really nice
Old 06-27-2019, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by demokatt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Altough for warrior solo-effeciency I would say regen matters alot more than haste, an iksar or troll with iksar bp/fungi is really nice
Regen is great and all, but killing a mob 40% faster means you take 40% less damage. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how iksar/troll beats that from a purely solo perspective.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:44 AM
Aviak

Dwarf. Don't question it. Just do it (they are sponsored by Nike).
Old 06-27-2019, 11:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolanar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Regen is great and all, but killing a mob 40% faster means you take 40% less damage. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how iksar/troll beats that from a purely solo perspective.
It doesn’t. Iksar standing regen barely out paces normal regen. Literally no reason to sit as a solo warrior as you can bind wound to 70%. If you’re having to engage mobs at 100% health to survive then you prob shouldn’t be soloing.

40% haste > iksar/troll regen all day for a solo warrior build. The extra 25 dex you’ll have as a gnome with the buff will likely cancel out the standing regen with blood point procs anyway.
Last edited by Crede; 06-27-2019 at 11:43 AM..
Old 06-27-2019, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn’t. Iksar standing regen barely out paces normal regen. Literally no reason to sit as a solo warrior as you can bind wound to 70%. If you’re having to engage mobs at 100% health to survive then you prob shouldn’t be soloing.

40% haste > iksar/troll regen all day for a solo warrior build. The extra 25 dex you’ll have as a gnome with the buff will likely cancel out the standing regen with blood point procs anyway.
I think you can only BW to 70% as a warrior at level 57 or 58?
Old 06-27-2019, 06:04 PM
Banned

The only real question comes down to three races with best fashion: iksar w/robe and sabers(Sithlord) vs human w/ robe and sabers(Jedi) vs gnome with robe and sabers(Yoda)
Old 06-27-2019, 11:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I’m not saying racial regen is better than 40% but you’re flat out wrong. At 51 standing it is 2 vs 6. At 56 it’s 3 vs 10. At 60 it’s 3 vs 12.

Sitting:
51: 5 vs 12
56: 6 vs 16
60: 6 vs 18

That’s not “barely outpaces normal regen”. On top of that it’s free and has continuous uptime. Over the course of your eq career the difference in regen racial vs stock is probably going to be more than the healing others toss your way.

Better than 40% haste? No, at least not while it’s up. It does have upkeep, however, and sooner or later you’ll have outside haste >40%.

Bear in mind that despite the above I have a human monk and dwarf warrior. Because that’s what I wanted.

40% haste clicky is super awesome. It being awesome does not negate racial regen also being awesome.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Last edited by Troxx; 06-27-2019 at 11:50 PM..
Closed Thread