Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 06:09 PM
Banned

*quickscopes the retards in this thread*

BLYAT BLYAT BLYAT
Old 11-29-2017, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha good one.

Lots of people use intermittent fasting with success. I did a couple years ago, watching Greg "Kinobody" Youtube vids, or I think Dr Sarah Solomon pushes it too.

It takes a lot longer than 16 hours of fasting to slow your metabolism. I think its several days of severe (less than, say, 75% TDEE) restricted calories to do so.

Meal timing seems a big deal among serious lifters (I don't know about other sports that well). Eating 6+ meals. You have to be conscious to have like 2 hours between meals as well. Constantly eating (digesting) is not healthy either.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raavak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha good one.

Lots of people use intermittent fasting with success. I did a couple years ago, watching Greg "Kinobody" Youtube vids, or I think Dr Sarah Solomon pushes it too.

It takes a lot longer than 16 hours of fasting to slow your metabolism. I think its several days of severe (less than, say, 75% TDEE) restricted calories to do so.

Meal timing seems a big deal among serious lifters (I don't know about other sports that well). Eating 6+ meals. You have to be conscious to have like 2 hours between meals as well. Constantly eating (digesting) is not healthy either.
Yes. I fasted for 36 hours longest I ever went without food which isn't very long compared to some, but, it was interesting.

After 24 hours of no food my mind started to race a bit. I was drinking water during this food fast, but ingesting nothing else.

I then started to feel weak at about 30 hours of no food and by 36 hours I said F it and started to eat again.

I'd like to go longer some day, I just want to experience what it feels like with no food for a week or longer. ot sure if I could do it though.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

I fasted for a similar amount of time, but the truth is I was on a massive come down from a huge warehouse party.

Ended up having a chest infection for a month and needed antibiotics, LOL.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:28 PM
Planar Protector

Well, seeing as it was an illegal rave. I'd find it hard to believe many of the people there weren't.

Edit: Getting really ill was an effective way to lose weight though. And I didn't have a tonne of spare weight to shed either. Best of times / worst of times.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Planar Protector

Nah, it's all dancey MaDMan medicine, some of the guys would K Horse after, but I'm not into Hole.

Thanks for the concern and knowledge, though. This was not a thing I was aware of!
Old 11-29-2017, 07:37 PM
Banned

drugs are bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-29-2017, 07:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I fasted for a similar amount of time, but the truth is I was on a massive come down from a huge warehouse party.

Ended up having a chest infection for a month and needed antibiotics, LOL.
You decided to fast after a drug-fueled rave party to cleanse the drugs from your system? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I read about water fasting and it piqued my curiosity tbh. I really wanted to see how hard it would be mentally to not eat. Honestly I found it not that difficult and whenever I started to get hungry I drank water.

I actually found myself feeling bored though, I was surprised how often my body/mind seemed to want to eat not so much because I felt hungry, but just because. I really felt like I was programmed to eat out of habit more than for necessity at times.

I watched a guy on youtube that went into great detail why he did it, and how it affected him as he went through a 30 day water fast with no food the entire time. Besides losing weight, he had scar tissue heal and disappear, and what I found most interesting was how he described his mental process that changed. By this time if he had any parasites inside his gut, they would have died too.

Supposedly people have even slowed cancer/cured cancer by water fasting. The idea is the body absorbs/eats the cancer cells as it would fat cells.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:44 PM
Planar Protector

Yea, fortunately I now actually value my physical and mental wellbeing and don't associate with those crowds anymore (well besides all the massive drugs addicts on p99).

It's nice being satisfied with life instead of stuck in a pit of emptiness. I'm not even sure how I broke out.

@ lhance newp, just a couple days of being completely unable to eat (accompanied by mucho vomiting).

Actually, this may be the reason I can't drink more than 3 pints these days without being hideously, hideously hung over for 24 hours starting from 12 hours after I finish drinking.

Don't overdo the boozywoozy.

Edit: interesting stuff on the fasting Lhance! I feel sorry for those of the Islamic faith living on polar regions when ramadam is in summer. Dang! That's a lot of ice chips to eat for 40 days.
Last edited by Jimjam; 11-29-2017 at 07:47 PM..
Old 11-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea, fortunately I now actually value my physical and mental wellbeing and don't associate with those crowds anymore (well besides all the massive drugs addicts on p99).

It's nice being satisfied with life instead of stuck in a pit of emptiness. I'm not even sure how I broke out.

@ lhance newp, just a couple days of being completely unable to eat (accompanied by mucho vomiting).

Actually, this may be the reason I can't drink more than 3 pints these days without being hideously, hideously hung over for 24 hours starting from 12 hours after I finish drinking.

Don't overdo the boozywoozy.

Edit: interesting stuff on the fasting Lhance! I feel sorry for those of the Islamic faith living on polar regions when ramadam is in summer. Dang! That's a lot of ice chips to eat for 40 days.
Yes for the ones that actually follow Ramadan. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread