Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: What faction will you be playing on Uthgaard DAOC?
Hibernia 10 18.52%
Midgard 11 20.37%
Albion 11 20.37%
Not going to try it out. 22 40.74%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Sarnak

Default cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am super-duper casual mode for gaming these days so tempted to roll a caster in Albion to dick around at emain wall/keep banging.
Whats the best alb caster for that Turp? And tell me what pve spec i should use and then what to respec to for pvp
Whats up Skew ,

For the emain keep battles I would say Theurgist or Wiz.
1 reason being these 2 classes do crazy damage and are easy to learn , yet fun playstyle.
Wiz-
The double bolt for Wiz helps finish off the people trying to run away and is huge dmg.
If unable commit to a AE group today , Wiz is still a very fun solo. Netting a lot of kills during keep fights.

Theurgist-
If you take Theurgist , you don't have to rely on a group but they are also more sought after for RvR groups. They do decent in all situations besides being solo and a stealther popping on you. They get a AE mez that can be a big help , dmg buff add to melee group members, and a haste buff.
Either or are fun and RvR worthy.

For a more advanced class...
Cabalist / Sorc
You could easily handle a more difficult class to master though. If You want to take the time to master these they also are very nice. Sorc is more of a crucial CC job , lacks being a killing machine like wiz.

If You decide on Albion and want to join up with us let me know.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a quick class rundown that is pretty accurate from my experience.

Melee Classes

Paladin – Want to meet people easily and get random messages from people to join their group? Make a Paladin! Paladins are Albion’s endurance regen class and needed in every group in order to level efficiently. This is a great first character choice for PvE, and farming but you will find yourself a bit weak in competitive PVP groups. Sadly, this class is terrible in competitive groups as they lack the realm ability determination which is essential for melee classes in fights. If your purge is down and you get mezzed, you will just sit there for most the fight not doing anything. Your damage output will be very low compared to other melee classes even if you go two-handed specialization so If you are wanting to be a melee power house, I would suggest making an Armsman or Mercenary instead. Paladins also Autotrain in two specializations which will affect your PvP viability so I would suggest another class if you plan on reaching high realm ranks here.

Armsman - Another great class for new players. You will be able to deal massive damage and tank in PvE. You can’t go wrong with this class. You might want take the two-handed specialization but it pales in comparison to the polearm path. Two-handed lacks an anytime hinder which is extremely important to protect your casters and healers when fighting in group PvP. This class autotrains Slash and Thrust but you can specialize in crush until level 40 to get a few extra points.

Mercenary - Great class for new players. Your damage output is amazing and you will have the option to tank as well in groups if needed. This class is pretty straight forward as there are two spec choices: Pure damage output with 50 weapon 50 dual wield with the rest in parry and the other option 39 weapon 50 dual wield 42 shield with the rest in parry. Personally, I would recommend the shield line as you will have a lot more utility to bring in PvE and PvP. Without specializing in shield there is little reason to choose you over an Armsman in PvP. This class also autotrains Slash but you can specialize in crush until level 40 to get a few extra points into parry.

Reaver – Do you want to hit like a truck? Reaver’s do a ton of damage with their back-style Leviathan. Unfortunately, this class lacks the realm ability determination making it a worse option in competitive play compared to the Mercenary and Armsman classes. In addition, many of your spells can break Crowd control spells rendering a lot of your utility useless. I would suggest this class though if you want to run in zergs and enjoy PvE mostly. This class autotrains in Slash and Flex weapons. I would suggest leveling in thrust or slash until level 40 as the best spec is flex weapons though I would suggest trying to autotrain all the way to 48 instead and getting a respec stone later. I would not suggest this class as a first character only because to get the most out of this class you should auto train completely but if you are willing to do so you will be wanted in any PvE group as a primary DPS class.

Friar - Amazing solo class that looks like a caster. You will also have the option to be a healer, but the heals are so bad compared to clerics that you might as well pretend it’s not an option. Friars are great for farming and solo leveling so if PvE is what you are wanting this is a good option. In group leveling though any other melee class will outshine you. In groups with a tank, your anytime style acts as taunt so you will need to use your sidestyle chain for the best damage. Friars are my favorite class in the game but they just don't do as well in group PvP which is their downfall. You also will have access to base buffs for groups which helps out a ton when paired with a Cleric.

Casters

Wizard- Massive amounts of damage and great at defending keeps but a terrible choice for PvE and group PvP. In PvE a theurgist brings a lot more utility with haste buff. You’ll spend most your time in a group sitting waiting for mana to regen making your group wishing they had a melee class or Theurgist instead. That does not mean this class is not fun though as nuking people for massive damage is quite fun so this class is awesome in a zerg group. I would say this is more than likely the least desirable class in any situation at this patch level.

Sorcerer – One of the most important classes in Albion as you are the main crowd control class. You have bolt range Mezzes which allows us to get the initiative on other realms more effectively. This class is very stressful though if you do not have the experience with crowd control and kiting properly. Groups will only want one of them in the party and I predict this class to be one of the most played so be prepared for competition. You will provide your realm with mana regen and likely will receive group invites via tells.

Cabalist – One of the best casters in the game. In pvp you can solo really well if you are a skilled player and have a ton of utility in groups. Your pet is great at interrupting and kiting players to death without you even casting a spell. You are also the one of the best farming class as you can use the Matter line’s AOE dots on pygmy mobs in Lyonesse which is also the best way to power level other players but, unfortunately the matter specialization is not good for PvP so you need to decide what your end game goal is going to be. I think this is a great choice for new characters, but they do have a higher learning curve to get the most out of pvp.

Theurgist – Another great caster option. You can provide other players with a melee damage add and haste buff in PvE. You will also be exceptional in PvP as well as your pets are a pain for other players and they help take down keep doors without the use of a ram. You will also be needed in dragon raids to lower a dragon’s ability to be missed. I recommend this class if you want to be a caster that does damage and wants to be welcomed to groups in any situation.

Necromancer – Mostly a farm bot. This class is amazing for making money and power leveling others. You can also solo all the way to 50 if you wanted to. This class is not going to be welcome to join any competitive groups for PvP though as your pet will more than likely be mezzed for most the fight and you can’t even use potions in spirit form. I would suggest a Necromancer if you want to make a ton of money for your main PvP class and you don't mind being by yourself most the time.

healers

Cleric – Albion’s main healing class. Everybody loves you and will beg for you to join their groups. They have access to be a caster with the Smite line but you will have poor damage and poor utility so I would never suggest taking this route.

Friars - I mentioned Friar under melee but it is a hybrid so I will list it here as well. As a healer you will be out of mana faster than a cleric, you will be more squishy, and your heal-over-time spells are just too slow. If you want to heal your group, make a cleric instead.

Stealthers

Infiltrator – An amazing class and perhaps the best stealther at this patch level due to the access of a 9 second stun in the thrust line called Dragonfang. I do not recommend this class as a first character as in order to be competitive you will need a lot of money to get the best gear and always have potions in hand. It’s hard to tell which stealther from all three realms will be the best as they all have their strengths and weaknesses and 1v1 fights are often decided by who has their cooldowns active. Infiltrators will definitely be strongest in the beginning but will even out over time.

Scout - I would not recommend a scout if you’ve never played one before. Scouts will have the hardest time finding a group than any other class on Albion. In PvP you can have some amazing moments but more often than not you’ll be leaching kills or adding to other fights. If you enjoy sitting in the same spot for a long period of time waiting for the perfect opportunity though this class is right for you. Their damage is a bit on the lower side and with Shadowblades and Nightshades having, “see hidden” you will often lose when they get the jump on you.

Minstrel – Albion’s speed class. This is a hard class to play so I don’t recommend choosing this class unless you are ready for a steep learning curve but if you are willing to learn you can have a ton of fun. Your melee damage is terrible but you will be able to take out players kiting them and using your instant direct damage spells. You also can charm pets above level 50 which is incredibly fun to do. You can also provide mana regen to a group in PvE if you are lacking a Sorcerer.

Uthgard is strictly based on the 1.65 patch level of Dark Ages Of Camelot meaning any features* good or bad at the time are in the game. You may not want to play a class if they have autotraining available as it punishes players who spend points early in their careers. Example: An Armsman who has zero slash at level 50 will not be charged for their first 12 points. After 12, they will be charged points normally for that skill. So if you start an Armsman and spec into Slash in the beginning you will end up with LESS points than if you wait until later. You can get up to 77 points in a skill by not speccing into it which can greatly affect your character making it potentially weaker than others
Old 01-06-2017, 11:12 AM
Fire Giant

Nice thanks for that.
Ill take a look. Toss up between wiz and theurg then. Im not able to commit to the game.

-Do either of those autotrain Turp? And how should i spec a wiz (they get invites into aoe exp grps?)
Last edited by Skew; 01-06-2017 at 11:19 AM..
Old 01-06-2017, 11:19 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice thanks for that.
Ill take a look. Toss up between wiz and theurg then. Im not able to commit to the game.
Great to see more joining the good fight.
Coming Albion will also allow you to be able to log in. I bet mid/hib will be full and have a que for at least a week (maybe more) + You can help me blow up some p99 guildy that are riding the Midgard train.

Sent a PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:31 AM
Fire Giant

Whered you Pm me?

-i just read your description of the wiz. i was an infil on live and got lucky in a regular pve group so i was 2nd infil to 50 on percival. wizards are horrible for pve? Yikes.

-fk it im gonna be a wiz dammit. ill spec ice.
Last edited by Skew; 01-06-2017 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-06-2017, 12:16 PM
Sarnak

I had at first just wrote the msg and forgot to push send lol.
Sent now.

@Skew or anyone looking to play around with skill points and see where u wanna go.

http://play.nixian.eu/index.php?page=charbuilder

Helped me decide what to spec.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

imma be an Iconnu Arms going the Pole route. Any suggestions on how I should split my skills or points or whatever Nirgs/Turps?
Old 01-06-2017, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

spiffy ty ^^
Old 01-06-2017, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Any suggestions for an Inconnu necromancer, Never played before but i have me and a few friends inc to albion.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Sarnak

1500 people in the queue with 2200 online
Old 01-06-2017, 06:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedmelon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imma be an Iconnu Arms going the Pole route. Any suggestions on how I should split my skills or points or whatever Nirgs/Turps?
Arms:
Go crush/shield/parry to level

Necro:
Max deathsight / rest in death servant
Closed Thread