Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Sarnak

Default Do pets break mez on this server?

I searched the forums but couldn't find.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I searched the forums but couldn't find.
I think only chanter pets do, Ive personally seen my pet stop attacking mobs once they get mezzed as if I backed them off. So thats not classic.

Also on the same note, I havent done any searching, when did mez break msgs go live?
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

pets will break mez if theyve established aggro to the mezzed mob prior to it being mezzed
Old 07-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

If your pet is attacking something and it gets mezzed, your pet will keep attacking until you back it off.

You can not send your pet on a mezzed mob, however.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Yay! I was about to cry foul if this was not the case. I remember issuing "KILL ALL PETS" at several raids in Chardok. Viva Classic! This made a lot of things much harder than modern day EQ.

Let me rephrase.

Mob 1 smacks Necro. Necro pet is pissed. Mob 2 smacks Necro. Necro sends pet on mob 2 and SomeNiceEnchanter mez's mob 1. After mob 2 dies, will the Necro pet automatically run over and "wake up" mob 1?

If so, that's classic. If you get the "i can not wake" message from that pet, that is NOT classic. In fact, this was not "fixed" until months after Kunark launched (or even later?)
Last edited by Arclanz; 07-08-2010 at 04:32 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 04:29 PM
Project Manager

This is something that needs to be fixed, no one wanted to nerf themselves? :P

June 5th, 2002
Quote:
Pets will not attack mesmerized creatures. Pets basically treat mesmerized NPCs as if they were dead.
Let us know what changes need to be made to make this work classically.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Sarnak

/edit yet again.

Based on the first link, below, it looks like mez'ng a mob clears the mob off the pets hate list, just as if the mob died. Remove that trigger, I guess?

Owners could definitely sick a pet on a mez'd mob. Pets never before uttered "I can not wake."

couple links for ja:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=943

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/mmorp...g-down-eq.html
Last edited by Arclanz; 07-08-2010 at 05:13 PM..
Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arclanz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yay! I was about to cry foul if this was not the case. I remember issuing "KILL ALL PETS" at several raids in Chardok. Viva Classic! This made a lot of things much harder than modern day EQ.

Let me rephrase.

Mob 1 smacks Necro. Necro pet is pissed. Mob 2 smacks Necro. Necro sends pet on mob 2 and SomeNiceEnchanter mez's mob 1. After mob 2 dies, will the Necro pet automatically run over and "wake up" mob 1?

If so, that's classic. If you get the "i can not wake" message from that pet, that is NOT classic. In fact, this was not "fixed" until months after Kunark launched (or even later?)
Pretty sure it was later...maybe even early Luclin? I know it was Luclin when they changed pets to beta neutral.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:23 PM
Orc

They break mez. They love doing it, and do it with pride. They will not wake a sleeping monster you get an error message.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Sarnak

Please differentiate between a sleeping mob and a mez'd mob because I thought they were the same thing.
Closed Thread