Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Fire Giant

Default Raid Rotation Idea

On the first new moon of every month, the player whose name comes alphabetically first in each guild will meet on an island of Lake Rathe (the one with the named goblin). Each player must be pvp flagged. A 30 minute game of tag will begin in which the player who is “it” must do melee damage to another player to transfer “it” status to that player. Players may not use any sort of spells or leave the island. At the end of the 30 minutes, the player who is “it” will be awarded the second to last position in the raid rotation. That player then does a /random [# of guilds left] and whichever guild's number is rolled will then be the last guild in the rotation.

If the number of guilds remaining is odd, the remaining guilds will proceed with 1 of 2 possible options. If the day which this is taking place is a week day, option “a” will take place and if it is a weekend option “b” will take place. Option “a” consists of the remaining guilds conducting a round-robin game of “odds or evens” having both players /random 1 2 at the same time; in the event of a tie, the player whose real life birthday is closest to the current date will be given the middle remaining position and decide which guilds will be above and below them. Option “b” consists of the remaining guilds playing a game of “duck duck goose” until a champion is crowned.

If the number of remaining guilds is even, a GM must be called to the zone to judge a in-game triathlon consisting of a swim across Lake Rathe, a run across North Karana, and backwards run from North Karana to the Druid Rings. Players will be awarded position in the raid rotation based on the position in which they finish the race. In the event of a tie, both players who tied will revert back to the initial stage of the rotation selection process and be awarded the last two spots, bumping both the tag loser and the tag loser's choice up two spots.

Once all is said and done, players may challenge one other player to a trivia contest to change their position. The trivia contest will be run by a neutral 3rd party and the topics will be chosen by using the random feature on wikipedia. The first player to correctly answer 5 questions wins. If you challenge someone and lose, the challenged guild can steal any two members from your guild and make them part of their guild indefinitely – SO CHALLENGE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I feel this is really simple and straight forward, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact me. I really think it's silly how we've been making something that is so simple – so ridiculously difficult.
Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 AM
Planar Protector

Loke for President!
Old 07-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel this is really simple and straight forward
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Planar Protector

looks like someone is bored camping a random boss rite now
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

kind of like this totaly uncomplicated idea!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:16 AM
Sarnak

I love this totally simple and well thought out idea of establishing a raid rotation. Good job sir. You've solved the issue at hand quite swiftly.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:29 AM
Sarnak

I'm wondering when someone is going to come in and try to shoot it down because they don't get the joke.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm wondering when someone is going to figure out how sad and pathetic dinging 50 is.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Fire Giant

I'm wondering when the next recently created forum trolling account is going to be banned.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM
Fire Giant

DUMB Idea. Are you KIDDING ME?

what if its too cloudy and you cant see the first new moon??