Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2024, 03:19 PM
Planar Protector

Intredasting. I've come across some of her other videos and I like her.

Just learned about the fine structure constant a few days ago. Blew my fucking mind. We either won a 1 / 10^1000 jackpot to end up with the physical constants and force magnitudes that allowed for complex life, or the universe was created.
Old 01-25-2024, 03:54 PM
Banned

Also question weather mass and energy and momentum is conserved with the curvature of space and time. Read a poorly written article ... butt it's probably not constant considering that the universe ain't flat. I'm probably paraphrasing this all wrong tho. So it's not the hill I want to die on.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-25-2024 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-25-2024, 03:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Intredasting. I've come across some of her other videos and I like her.

Just learned about the fine structure constant a few days ago. Blew my fucking mind. We either won a 1 / 10^1000 jackpot to end up with the physical constants and force magnitudes that allowed for complex life, or the universe was created.
There's a few more of those. Out there. Of course we would not know about the universes inhospitable to carbon based life and the formation of teh earph.

Butt a big part of what makes me keep exploring spirituality is the fact that this universe proves to be weird at every turn... and level. Including our biology and stuff like our neurology.

Gonna cite the Mandela effect again....

And if it's all just a series of simulations running in parallel. The 1st commandment still holds true for the creator. Or original one. Or source being. Even if the "I" is only conscious of this thread from this perspective. (Not truly aware of the source of it's own awareness).

Butt that literally could be G-d.
Last edited by magnetaress; 01-25-2024 at 04:02 PM..
Old 01-25-2024, 09:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's a few more of those. Out there. Of course we would not know about the universes inhospitable to carbon based life and the formation of teh earph.

Butt a big part of what makes me keep exploring spirituality is the fact that this universe proves to be weird at every turn... and level. Including our biology and stuff like our neurology.

Gonna cite the Mandela effect again....

And if it's all just a series of simulations running in parallel. The 1st commandment still holds true for the creator. Or original one. Or source being. Even if the "I" is only conscious of this thread from this perspective. (Not truly aware of the source of it's own awareness).

Butt that literally could be G-d.
The crazy thing about the nature of infinity... if this universe were possible, it was bound to happen eventually, somewhere in the mandelbulb of universes. No matter how unlikely. (If there is more than one universe). But if that's the case, still gotta ask, why a reality with the characteristics conducive to a universe this fine tuned for life? Science has no answer, religion has no answer. Gonna be on the edge of my seat when I die.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:55 AM
Planar Protector

Religion has an answer, you just need faith to believe it. This is OK by me.

Science also has an answer, you just need to believe its a journey to find it. Also need to be a bit smarter than the average to actually "get it". This is also OK by me.

Just choose your path and leave those on the alternate path the fuck alone.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:21 AM
Aviak

I enjoyed this one on Netflix a while back. Rotoscoping is a cool film technique.

Old 01-26-2024, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Religion has an answer, you just need faith to believe it. This is OK by me.

Science also has an answer, you just need to believe its a journey to find it. Also need to be a bit smarter than the average to actually "get it". This is also OK by me.

Just choose your path and leave those on the alternate path the fuck alone.
Science doesn't have an answer for the origin of the universe or why our universe has the qualities it does.

Regarding religion, I guess I should have said good answer.
Old 01-26-2024, 05:16 AM
Planar Protector

Tell me you arent "a bit smarter than average" without saying it please. Your conclusion is vague.
Also you missed the part about it being a journey. Who said our discovery of the universe is anywhere near completion?
Also also, many extoll the virtue of the religious solution. Just because you cannot take a "leap of faith" with them does not disprove it. It just proves you dont have faith.
Old 01-26-2024, 08:52 AM
Banned

Why not do both? Your black and white binary either or thinking isn't indicative of a mind open enough to do rigorous science without great bias.
Old 01-26-2024, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tell me you arent "a bit smarter than average" without saying it please.
Aw, bless your heart