Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 08:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have an idea on macros for muscle maintenance / gain while cutting fat? I’m doing minimal cardio these days. I get in 7-8000 steps per day and lift 4 days a week. 201 lbs, 5’10”, turn 54 super bowl weekend. Keto works for me for weight loss but not for muscle building. Thanks in advance. god bless
https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...-fat-loss.html

Set calories below whatever your BMR is. Win.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone have an idea on macros for muscle maintenance / gain while cutting fat? I’m doing minimal cardio these days. I get in 7-8000 steps per day and lift 4 days a week. 201 lbs, 5’10”, turn 54 super bowl weekend. Keto works for me for weight loss but not for muscle building. Thanks in advance. god bless
How many g protein/day you doing on keto?

Remeber that 30% of protein calories are consumed in processing so while they calculate 5 lcal/g proteins its truly only 3.5kcal/g. This is why they say to keto at x grams where x = 80% of your bodyweight in pounds. At a target weight of 185 to 190 that would be about 150g protein (18oz chicken breast) with about 1200kcal to spare. Fats ring in at 9kcal/gram and carbs 5kcal/gram, but youll want to focus on minimizing carbs aside from the innate carbs in your vegetables. I like to do a lot of zucchini and brocolli. Last night i did tacos with almond flour + egg +unsweetened almond milk whipped up to a batter and fried to make crepe-like tortillas.
Last edited by Throndor; 01-23-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll try for 150g of protein and no calories of anything else. Almond milk delenda eat

ARMS DAY. GAINZ. I'm cutting back on chest since I'm starting to look like a giant pectoral with biceps that don't match
Old 01-25-2019, 08:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually met Larry Wheels in November when he flew into Miami. The videos and photos don't do him justice. He's enormous, and a super nice dude.
are you trying to get that jacked? he looks dumb dude. He went too far
Old 01-25-2019, 09:51 AM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
maybe give intermittent fasting a go while in keto. minimizing insulin should lower your metabolic target weight and if you are in keto, then you shouldn't see significant losses to lean body mass. You are potentially missing out on some of the anabolic effects of insulin, but you still realize them around your meal(s), which should occur following lifts anyway. Also, intermittent fasting stimulates autophagy, which offers the added bonus of cleaning up unnecessary/harmful tissues like plaques. Google all this stuff, could be complete bullshit, but all seems plausible.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

I want to start up intermittent fasting again. I had it going for about 2 weeks last year and then I ate outside window once and could never get back into it. Worked really well for me because it was easy to spread my target calories over two moderately sized meals than spread over the whole day.

Right now I’m just eating less without tracking it and it’s working ok. ~2.8/week

Since December, 213 to 199 today. 39 to go.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

very cool. I've been at it for a while now and I've found it is actually a lot easier for me in keto because I just don't get hungry and when I do it, I don't get hit with a post-meal fog. I take calories once a day around 1:00 and then just water/coffee/tea (no sweetener/malk/etc) the rest of the time. I was surprised by the amount of visceral fat I've lost.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:17 AM
Banned

Question Hmmmm IDK

Is turning our diets or daily exercise routines into a strict computer algorithm or scientific formula for "peak efficiency" really going to accomplish something wonderful? I can appreciate the goals and the general idea of healthy habits & practices....but some seem to be treating or talking about their eating and exercise lifestyles to an exact science like it's some kinda engineering project?

IDK this just bores the heck out of me personally....is boredom or tedium really worth the extra "gains"?

Besides feeling "better" and looking "hot", are we trying to sex up robots eventually? This sounds like robot talk to me! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are we preparing for life, dating, & sex with robots? Can't we wait 100 years more for this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2019, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
are you trying to get that jacked? he looks dumb dude. He went too far
Not at all. And I doubt I ever will because I don't take anabolic steroids. So unless I really leaned out, which isn't going to happen, I won't ever look like that. I like my very natural look when I'm not pumped up.

He does a lot of good stuff and is a genuinely nice dude, so he gets cut some slack for looking like a freak. But it's hard to do what he does and not.

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteria [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is turning our diets or daily exercise routines into a strict computer algorithm or scientific formula for "peak efficiency" really going to accomplish something wonderful? I can appreciate the goals and the general idea of healthy habits & practices....but some seem to be treating or talking about their eating and exercise lifestyles to an exact science like it's some kinda engineering project?

IDK this just bores the heck out of me personally....is boredom or tedium really worth the extra "gains"?

i just do it because I feel better, physically and mentally. it helps me maintain balance, which is what enables me to do more ^^