Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarf_cleric420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
End game on green will hopefully be better than blue due to accurate timeline and not having BiS gear in every slot on every raid character when the next expansion hits and not having dozens of mage alts to park at every raid target
While there will be a ton of farming going on by neckbeards, at least the List exists... and so does Kedge. Farming in Kedge with era appropriate gear is an interesting ballgame.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razerpaw [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staying on blue here. I would love to play Green for the fun of it but I already know what a shit show it's going to be with all the farmers. Green will be fun for a small group of people that dominate all the fun things.
Other than guise / mana stone / rubicite what exactly do you anticipate being farmed? Maybe CoS and some other stuff.

Those items are >0.1% of the content, and will only be around for a small part of the timeline. I don't get why people think that people farming a few prenurf items is going to ruin the game.

Either you are playing green exclusively to get that stuff, in which case you have to deal with the issues you are anticipating, or you are playing green for other reasons, and this just doesn't bother you that much.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A fresh economy sounds great, but when you're running around with a rusty tin pot on your head and a branch you found on the ground, with an ugly UI that doesn't tell you your pet health or exact mana or XP ... not to mention the fact that Green is going to just be a mess for the first couple months ... I really think a lot of the "I'm going Green" camp is going to come back to Blue.
Well this is what makes green sound so good. I wouldn't be playing Everquest if I wanted a server where everything was dirt cheap and made the game easier. Maybe I am a masochist but I usually mod games to make them harder so it will be great to play an mmo where other players have to suffer too. I'd make an Iksar SK on day one if I could just because it takes 2x as long to level and that's 2x as long I get to enjoy the journey.
Old 09-16-2019, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

What sucks imo is when you have the tin pot and the stick and the guy next to you has a Fungi and a T-Staff. If everyone is starting from scratch, it's about paring your expectations more than it is feeling you suck or are behind.
Last edited by Zeboim; 09-16-2019 at 05:55 PM..
Old 09-16-2019, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd make an Iksar SK on day one if I could just because it takes 2x as long to level and that's 2x as long I get to enjoy the journey.
You can make a troll SK day 1. Same (168%) exp penalty. Same regeneration. Trolls can wear plate, but no AC boost, probably evens out pre velious. Trolls aren't as hated as iksar, but are pretty hated in most places. Also, arguably it will be easier to aquire good gear quicker on an Iksar vs a day 1 Troll due to the server having been dropped gear for a year.

tl;dr sounds like you need to be playing a troll SK!
Old 09-16-2019, 06:11 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can make a troll SK day 1. Same (168%) exp penalty. Same regeneration. Trolls can wear plate, but no AC boost, probably evens out pre velious. Trolls aren't as hated as iksar, but are pretty hated in most places. Also, arguably it will be easier to aquire good gear quicker on an Iksar vs a day 1 Troll due to the server having been dropped gear for a year.

tl;dr sounds like you need to be playing a troll SK!
If only Trolls weren't so ugly lol. Maybe I'll still give it a try.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:12 PM
Large Bat

I started blue last winter but I will go to green. see what true classic EQ is like.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vx36 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If only Trolls weren't so ugly lol. Maybe I'll still give it a try.
Just get a mask before they're gone
Old 09-16-2019, 06:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Well this is what makes green sound so good. I wouldn't be playing Everquest if I wanted a server where everything was dirt cheap and made the game easier. Maybe I am a masochist but I usually mod games to make them harder so it will be great to play an mmo where other players have to suffer too. I'd make an Iksar SK on day one if I could just because it takes 2x as long to level and that's 2x as long I get to enjoy the journey.
To be clear, I'm not saying the fresh economy (or even the lack of pet windows, custom UI, or other "objectively good" things) make Green worse than Blue. Many people will enjoy Green precisely for those things.

What I'm saying is, there's a venn diagram. There's a circle of people who think they'll like Green, and a circle who actually will. The two circles don't overlap fully: there's a decent chunk of the "think they'll like Green" group who won't actually like it.

One reason some won't like it because the game really is harder with a fresh economy: mobs will take longer to kill, groups will wipe more often, etc. Everyone talking in the forum can say how great all that is. but it's a whole other thing to actually play and sit through longer fights, go through more CRs, sit their for hours unable to get ports, etc. and still say "I <3 Green".

Again, some people absolutely will ... I just think a fair number of the "Green > Blue" crowd in the forum is going to change their mind when they get in the game.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-16-2019, 06:56 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again, some people absolutely will ... I just think a fair number of the "Green > Blue" crowd in the forum is going to change their mind when they get in the game.
Yeah that's probably true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarf_cleric420 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just get a mask before they're gone
That's a good idea but I wonder how realistic it will be to get even with lists.
Closed Thread