Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 04:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These quality of life people are a plague. They will never stop. Do not give them an inch. Literally all they care about is increasing the ease with which they can acquire pixels. It's bad enough they use the grossly unclassic UI and timer programs. Then they start asking for unclassic hotbars and keyrings, soon it will be spellsets and God knows what else.
That's some good trolling right there. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. Because why would anyone want to make a game slightly less tedious if possible? I mean, nobody is making YOU use a guild window, shared bank slot, or extra hotbar.
Dialectica Logicae - Gnome Wizard
Tuminy Altz - Halfling Druid
Tipsey McStaggers - Ogre Shaman
Medikku Saishi - Koada'Dal Cleric
Lavander Gooms - Teir'Dal Cleric
Old 09-29-2019, 04:27 PM
Planar Protector

For the love of god give us raid chat that’s all I ask
Old 09-29-2019, 04:29 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the love of god give us raid chat that’s all I ask
That would be handy. I'd love to see an officer chat too, if just to say "not it" to the other officers when someone says "/gu Can someone invite my alt? He's in Everfrost."
Old 09-29-2019, 04:35 PM
Sarnak

No extra conveniences on Blue, thank you.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's some good trolling right there. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. Because why would anyone want to make a game slightly less tedious if possible? I mean, nobody is making YOU use a guild window, shared bank slot, or extra hotbar.
Absolutely not trolling. This is a game. A recreational activity. A pastime. It's not meant to be something people inhabit every waking moment of their lives. Most of the people calling for quality of life changes do so because they are far too immersed and invested in the game and thus rationally want to make their existence in the game as comfortable and as efficient as possible. Adding more so-called "quality of life" features to the game just encourages more neckbearding, poopsocking and powergaming by the no-lifers. It makes things too comfortable. Instead of making the game easier for them to play, we should make it harder.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by scifo76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No extra conveniences on Blue, thank you.
You don't have to use them. That's your choice. But I and others want them. What difference is it going to make to you how I play MY game? It doesn't affect the way you play your game at all.
I hate so much having to manually move around soulbound keys each and every death. And keeping track of who is in a guild is next to impossible, if not indeed impossible. People stealth quit all the time. Or are they on vacation? Or is their IP down? What about their alts? Who the hell are their alts?? Is this going to upset the game to have a tool that tracks this all?

I think not.......

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2019, 05:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely not trolling. This is a game. A recreational activity. A pastime. It's not meant to be something people inhabit every waking moment of their lives. Most of the people calling for quality of life changes do so because they are far too immersed and invested in the game and thus rationally want to make their existence in the game as comfortable and as efficient as possible. Adding more so-called "quality of life" features to the game just encourages more neckbearding, poopsocking and powergaming by the no-lifers. It makes things too comfortable. Instead of making the game easier for them to play, we should make it harder.
What you're saying is that this is a game, a recreational activity, a pasttime. Therefore people shouldn't want it to be slightly more enjoyable, because they'll play it more.

Got it.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to use them. That's your choice. But I and others want them. What difference is it going to make to you how I play MY game? It doesn't affect the way you play your game at all.
This is exactly the kind of talk I was hearing years ago that ruined the mmos I used to enjoy. If you want quality of life changes then take your pick from the countless mmo clones that already have plenty of them.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you're saying is that this is a game, a recreational activity, a pasttime. Therefore people shouldn't want it to be slightly more enjoyable, because they'll play it more.

Got it.
It's more like saying we shouldn't put couches, snacks and coffee machines at the subway/bus station because doing so just attracts more homeless people who loiter around all day.

EverQuest is not your best friend or your mama who kisses you goodnight. She's a harsh mistress who can and often will kick you square in the nuts. You make the game too comfortable and easy to play and before you know it you've robbed it of its charm and turned it into another forgettable modern MMO. Where do you draw the line? I don't know. Maybe minor QoL changes wouldn't cross the line. Or maybe they would. A few seemingly small changes can have an impact that is greater than the sum of their parts. For that reason, I think the best approach is the most conservative one, and the one favored by the devs: deviate as little as possible from Classic EQ as we know it. This is why they are constantly making changes as new evidence of classic mechanics is discovered. The goal is not making the game more fun or easy, it is about making it more faithful to the EQ of the classic era. Classic EQ didn't have a ton of quality of life features, so neither should P1999. Simple. Elegant. Easy.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Kobold

Then get rid of item linking. Everyone types it all out manually....Bring back corpse looting when you drag someone. Let people drop cash on the ground......

The list goes on.

Did it ever occur to you QoL features could draw more people in?

This server could so easily turn into Red, with about 35 people all saying, "Yah!! No QoL stuff! We win!!".......And guilds consist of 7 people and the remaining population can't even raid HoT. Certain QoL features don't affect gameplay. But to intentionally make anything harder then it needs to be simply serves no purpose.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Closed Thread