Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 07:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiltan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's some good trolling right there. I can't even tell if you're being sarcastic or serious. Because why would anyone want to make a game slightly less tedious if possible? I mean, nobody is making YOU use a guild window, shared bank slot, or extra hotbar.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You don't have to use them. That's your choice. But I and others want them. What difference is it going to make to you how I play MY game? It doesn't affect the way you play your game at all.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2019, 07:23 PM
Kobold

@Loramin No no no no. I am not mad at all, and I apologize if you felt insulted, my bad.

What I am saying, is they could indeed give us this QoL changes without the disruption of the game. It doesn't make the game easier in game mechanics. It just saves us time on the other BS that we could be using to actually play the game. My point was they already changed some of the classic stuff already, for whatever reason, so the "purity" is already gone.

All I really want is a dang keyring, so I don't have to mess with a bunch of soulbound stuff every time I loot. And I want a guildtool to organize a guild. The 2nd hotkey, i could care less. (Although the 2nd hotkey DOES affect the game mechanics. The guildtool and keyring does not.)

I guess technically, the pet box wasn't classic, but boy did I dance when Rogean relented and gave it back.

How would a guildtool and keyring effect the game? An in game map would be nice, just so I wouldn't have to be running a second comp/monitor. The maps are already there online. They weren't on the original game because, well, they were still being drawn as players explored virgin zones.

I know much of this is moot, as we are at the mercy of Nil and Rog, but I'm just saying it wouldn't hurt the game to give us a few very needed QoL to make the tediousness a bit more bearable. They have done this already, under the reasoning is it makes life easier on their end, I just don't see why they couldn't toss us a bone or 2. (I know this sounds insane of me, but that damned soulbound key shuffling really really annoys me.) The guildtool needs implimented because there really is no way to track who is who. If these are gamebreakers, I understand why they aren't put in, but not a single person has stated any reason they aren't in the game other then, "It's not classic." My response is, well XYZ isn't classic either." (For the reasons stated in the earlier posts.)

Once again, I apologize, as I know your EQ knowledge is far superior to mine, and I can't express enough appreciation for the wiki stuff you do. (Finish the damned MoB pop up feature!!) I am just saying I think there are things YOU don't know, or haven't considered. Once again, my bad, I should have been more clear on my expression of view. Please forgive.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2019, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomacles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Loramin No no no no. I am not mad at all, and I apologize if you felt insulted, my bad.

What I am saying, is they could indeed give us this QoL changes without the disruption of the game. It doesn't make the game easier in game mechanics. It just saves us time on the other BS that we could be using to actually play the game. My point was they already changed some of the classic stuff already, for whatever reason, so the "purity" is already gone.
How can you guarantee even if the QoL is optional that the changes will not have temptation to others who don't want them.

Here is a joke but not a troll: If this was live in 2019 would these changes have a small price tag for them, like a sidestep the hardship MTX. "Hey you don't have to buy this. You can still be the sadist you always were. Don't worry about MY game while I buzz on ahead while you are steady hitting yourself with a barbed whip" in other words it sounds like a MTX argument. Why does gaming seem like being on the street corner with some drug dealer. Some test of will. Why am I bothering to play this game, I would rather be raiding.
Last edited by Mblake81; 09-29-2019 at 07:54 PM..
Old 09-29-2019, 07:53 PM
Banned

pls no forget xp potions, hire able mercaniareis, lvl 60 kronos boost purchase

me missin neting?
Old 09-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Kobold

"temptation to others who don't want them."

I guess this confuses me. I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying others will be upset because they will use something they don't want to use? If that is indeed the case, then they have a much deeper issue that extends beyond annoyance a a video game.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Orc

It's as classic as it's going to be and the changes that are in are so for a legitimate reason. I don't understand the point of keeping the blue server around honestly. I want the green experience and if that means every 4 or so years my characters end up on some twink server with all of these QoL changes than they might as well get deleted. Without new expansions the difficulty is going to plummet anyway.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
"temptation to others who don't want them."

I guess this confuses me. I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying others will be upset because they will use something they don't want to use? If that is indeed the case, then they have a much deeper issue that extends beyond annoyance a a video game.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We already went down this road before. The devs are doing all this work to reverse those changes, why bother putting all that work. As for our resident troll, Snortles, his comment is an exaggeration but its where this road leads. Some people don't understand that once you open the gate you can't close it.
Old 09-29-2019, 08:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
You don't have to use them. That's your choice. But I and others want them. What difference is it going to make to you how I play MY game? It doesn't affect the way you play your game at all.
I hate so much having to manually move around soulbound keys each and every death. And keeping track of who is in a guild is next to impossible, if not indeed impossible. People stealth quit all the time. Or are they on vacation? Or is their IP down? What about their alts? Who the hell are their alts?? Is this going to upset the game to have a tool that tracks this all?

I think not.......
What you want is irrelevant here though... The devs have been pretty clear on that. The question is how long till you come to terms with that?
Old 09-29-2019, 08:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What you want is irrelevant here though... The devs have been pretty clear on that. The question is how long till you come to terms with that?
Read the entire post. I've already stated that. I know R&N are the head honchos.

--Oscar Wilde
Old 09-29-2019, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Bring back the compass window! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread