Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:14 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crovax seems to think whether or not he was in a group at some point in the past is a relevant detail, when in fact it doesn't matter if he's not in a group currently. They should have seen this coming...and honestly, if the EE/PH hasn't died in the last 30 minutes it should boot #1 off the list to get things moving along again.
I do not think that. No where in the /list rules does it state, "You need a party to do this". But people continue to keep stating, "You can't just show up and expect people to kill the PH/EE for you".

So I am pointing out I didn't just show up. I was in a party for 18/19 hours. I was in a party killing it when Grakken arrived. Duoing with a Mage.

The reason that stopped is because Grakken agreed to join (Mage was waiting for someone to replace him so the party could continue). Grakken joins. Harm leaves and then Grakken leaves and tells me to solo it or leave the /list. Then immediately comes here to make a post about how I refused to help (Though I have screen shots that prove otherwise).

This wasn't a case of, "Someone showed up and was alone and couldn't do it omg!111!!". It was a case of someone joining a party then leaving it to force that situation

TLDR: That has never been my point. it is a counter argument to others people argument. I have followed the rules outlined in /list. If people want to see it changed that's cool give your feedback. But until it is changed you are stating your opinion and not facts.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:22 AM
Planar Protector

Crovax isn’t claiming the camp here. He’s just on the list.

Any group is able to come in, take the camp and kill EE and loot all the bags they want. They don’t have to invite Crovax, they don’t have to buff him, they don’t even have to talk to him.

The camp is open and free to be claimed.

The one caveat is that if a Manastone drops, he will get it. That’s the whole point of the list system. This is working as intended. You know, except for the drop rate part.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 AM
Kobold

Masterize is probably the worst monk I've seen on the server. Loves to threaten petition and try to bully, though hes just a bad that cries a lot in tells.

I hope this dude locked you up for hours.
Stick to your premade gomer.
Last edited by Chocolope; 11-14-2019 at 10:40 AM..
Old 11-14-2019, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawqueue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crovax seems to think whether or not he was in a group at some point in the past is a relevant detail, when in fact it doesn't matter if he's not in a group currently. They should have seen this coming...and honestly, if the EE/PH hasn't died in the last 30 minutes it should boot #1 off the list to get things moving along again.
Exactly what it shouldn't do. If this is the case, people will come, see there's #1 on the list, and then just wait him out to leave. According to the "solo or lose it" logic, clerics should basically not ever get any gear or plat in the game.

The helping single player get X item works fine on blue with scout / goblin, but people too greedy on classic servers.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:38 AM
Large Bat

Sooooooo all the people choosing Grakken's side:

I was #2 at the Jboots camp. The #1 was a 38 rogue. it was him, my 27 necro, and no one else. I soloed the triple spawn because I was getting exp. I did this for a long time in the spirit of the /list. But according to everyone else, I should have just muscled him out of there because I am sure a rogue could not keep up with all the necro dots and the HTs from Drelzna.

That sounds like an asshole move to me.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:41 AM
Kobold

This is how the list works. These fools delaying their own stones.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Crovax isn’t claiming the camp here. He’s just on the list.

Any group is able to come in, take the camp and kill EE and loot all the bags they want. They don’t have to invite Crovax, they don’t have to buff him, they don’t even have to talk to him.

The camp is open and free to be claimed.

The one caveat is that if a Manastone drops, he will get it. That’s the whole point of the list system. This is working as intended. You know, except for the drop rate part.
Someone gets it finally.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-14-2019, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crovax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Name calling is always the best way to start an argument. When your argument has no real substance.

Again. I never expected/demanded anyone to help me kill anything. Your whole starting premise is based on a lie.

And ya, I never said yellows are impossible to solo. I specifically stated multiple times that I could kill it if I am lucky on resist but it would be dangerous and unnecessary. The only reason I ended up in that situation was because of Grakken. And I spent that time sending tells to people and looking for more people in discord. It wasn't until a few more people showed up and then we went back to killing it.

And Grakken had trained me earlier and then a monk showed up and they kept trying to pressure me into pulling. So I felt the safetest measure was to wait until I had people around who I didn't think were going to try and kill me lol
The reason you ended up in the situation wasn't because of Grakken. The reason you ended up in the situation was because you listed for something that you can't kill without help. If you show up to list for something that you can't solo, then you accept the risk that other people might not help you and therefore you'd have to give up your spot if you're number 1 on the list. If you don't want to take that risk, then go get a couple levels and then list, rather than listing when you're not a sufficient level and blaming others for your mistake/greed.

I don't disagree that it's kind of rude not to help the person who is number 1 kill the mob, but there's no obligation to. Therefore, you put yourself in this situation because you listed when you're not able to actually kill the mob. No one else is to blame for the situation.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:58 AM
Kobold

Everyone will go here at 35 if they can solo or not. The rules are cut and dry. They won't change. Complain all you want you won't get a stone until the person ahead of you does.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Sarnak

if i show up to heal as a cleric, am last on list, and then am basically abandoned (for whatever reason), i am shit out of luck although am on top of list now???
Closed Thread