Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-01-2015, 06:44 PM
Banned

Default Plane of Hate 2.0

mobs aggroing and pathing straight through walls in plane of hate on the 2nd floor, most notably innoruuk's old hall
Old 11-01-2015, 06:54 PM
Planar Protector

Classic

https://web.archive.org/web/20010405...ML/000061.html

Quote:
Gattwin wrote:
There seems to be a lot of complaints about the new Hate and I'm wondering if you are still working on this zone in order to fix these. Here are some of the problems I can think of off the top of my head:
-The pathing on the second floor is horrible.
- Mobs on the first floor will heal mobs on the second.
- Mobs on the second floor will argo bards singing the mana song on the first floor occasionally.
- second floor armor drops are very rare.

Since the first floor mobs heal the second floor ones you are forced to clear the first floor in order to even attempt the second. This is very time consuming and leads to about a good 5 to 6 hours of setup time just to reach the second floor.

We are working on some changes for the Plane of Hate. I guess it's best if I just give you the words of the man making the changes directly.

quote:
I have removed the agro text from all upstairs Dark Elven NPCS, and adjusted awareness range outward a tad. Spam should be minimal now, but you won't know a NPC is mad at you until it smacks you.

Innoruuk can now see further, so be careful dancing with him now, he knows a few new steps.

Drop rates are meant to be fairly low on an individual basis, but in bulk the upstairs area yields pretty good loot. The patrolling NPCs have the lowest chance of loot, and some loot you can only get from the statics.

There is a core issue with this zone that creates the pathing problems and the ability to get whacked from above or below, as well as mystery healing.

The zone is one of our earlier creations, and the software used to create it was the same we used on all outdoor zones. The problem with that is, NPC collision detection through walls/floors is non-existent.

The 'new' area has been there since the zone first came up, but wasn't used due to the problems listed above.

With a few new tools to work with, we felt we could make the neglected real estate usable.

While I'm not totally satisfied with the pathing/vis issues, I am satisfied that the area is playable, though it requires a bit different play style than most Planar raids. I.E., you can't rely on a static camp and pullers there.

- Kendrick

Not much more that I can add. The zone is a lot more interesting than it was before, and a lot better in terms of gameplay. It's not perfect, that's for sure. Completely rebuilding the zone would help, but not enough to warrant the effort. Rebuilding the zone would take the same amount of time that it would take to build new content, and new content would be a better use of that time since the old one is certainly playable and fun.

Alan
Old 11-01-2015, 07:01 PM
Banned

yeah walls literally don't exist on the 2nd floor in terms of aggro/pathing
Old 11-01-2015, 07:10 PM
Planar Protector

so much aggro spam
Old 11-01-2015, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

The entire 2nd floor trash do a zone wide emote every 5 min or so, really annoying/laggy. Like 100 lines of text at once.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-01-2015, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The entire 2nd floor trash do a zone wide emote every 5 min or so, really annoying/laggy. Like 100 lines of text at once.
its funny, but yes causes a brief lag

im guessing its due to logging being on because i've noticed doing /who in populated zones with logging on will cause lag, and with logging off it doesn't
Old 11-02-2015, 05:43 AM
Fire Giant

yea this is off the chain, massive aggro from any floor from any direction at any time.
Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Classic or not...it should work properly and be an actual zone people want to go to- and not just super zerg for shits n giggles... it's obvious the devs wanted it to work properly.

There are tons of "not classic" stuff on p99- a working 2nd floor hate should be one of them if that's what you are preaching.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman

Old 11-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Planar Protector

They may not be able to fix the wall thru aggro thing. Don't think the devs here edit the zone files much.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 11-03-2015, 12:46 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They may not be able to fix the wall thru aggro thing. Don't think the devs here edit the zone files much.
The stated reason is dubious- "it's outdoor" so is the 1st floor, whatever was done to make the 1st floor playable should be done for the 2nd- but "I think" that means reducing the agro radius - and setting each defined mob to a path and tons of path nodes so they "act" like they are going around the walls etc. However I have no clue.

Xadion Von'Darkborn - Shadow Knight
Cory Von'Darkborn - Ranger
Brezner Von'Darkborn - Bard
Watermelons Siliconmelons - Corpse/Shaman