Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ya know, this post could sum up so much more than just playing a Necromancer, or even just playing an MMO (with a little language tweaking) lol.

Although, I have to ask, maybe I missed something, if AC/Regen is pretty clutch, and your reason for saying DE is fondness for DE, then how does going with the 'clutch' choice make one an idiot? Or did ya mean due to the potential drawbacks you see?

Just curious.. I went with the 'clutch' choice. But then I have a fondness for Iksar, and I already know I can be an idiot at times anyway. Just like everyone else [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's only one Iksar I've ever played with that wasn't terrible (coincidentally happened to be a Necromancer). Most of them (like most Vah'Shir, Guktans, and Beastlords) were fanfags for something new. Iksar also weren't available when I started playing (I didn't have Kunark until a couple weeks in) so I went with Dark Elf (seeing as I have Lolth tattooed on my arm, it only made sense), then I just got super used to being able to use Hide, and playing anything without Ultravision started giving me headaches.
Old 06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

You're calling all the iksar and cat players you've run into "fanfags" and yet you have Lolth tattoed on your arm? That's the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, actually, this is what the original poster said:

"I really wanted to play an iksar necro but have no idea about where to go to solo. I'd prefer the old world but I'm also interested in the kunark areas. Does anyone know of any good necro solo guides or should I just wander around for a while?"

My advice to a new player would be, YES, you should wander around and discover things for yourself. That is part of what made the classic EQ experience so great. You were taking part in a living, breathing fantasy World and would go adventuring and find new things. If you were having problems, then you would ask around and try to get some guidance from other players.

I gave the player a suggestion about where to go by naming a relatively small Old World zone and level range. If they wanted further guidance, and continued the line of conversation, then I would have given them another hint. Helping people without doing all the work for them is the best route to take.
Right. Don't forget to take your meds today.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

Let's sum up Zuranthium's advice: wander around looking for an exp part in a CITY that you are KoS in...

Don't follow Zuranthium's advice.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennoia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's only one Iksar I've ever played with that wasn't terrible (coincidentally happened to be a Necromancer). Most of them (like most Vah'Shir, Guktans, and Beastlords) were fanfags for something new. Iksar also weren't available when I started playing (I didn't have Kunark until a couple weeks in) so I went with Dark Elf (seeing as I have Lolth tattooed on my arm, it only made sense), then I just got super used to being able to use Hide, and playing anything without Ultravision started giving me headaches.
Have to admit I love Ultravision, then again I get that with Call of Bones and Lich so it hasn't been a huge issue but yeah.. good point. I hope you get an opportunity to play with some Iksar that don't suck terribly, though there are some awful players of every race =p

Personally, I love Iksar, miss my tail on anything else. Just didn't understand why it made me an idiot lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard
I don't come into McDonalds and criticize your work.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don't follow Zuranthium's advice.
Best piece of advice in the thread.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

:high five:

Love tags.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let's sum up Zuranthium's advice: wander around looking for an exp part in a CITY that you are KoS in...
You have invis. It's part of the excitement of the game. You of course will want to bind yourself in a safe area first.

The reality is that many of you must be WoW players who are only on this server because it's free and your moms stopped paying for WoW. You have little conception of what the original MMORPG experience actually entailed and have instead been raised on fast food, bloating you into laziness and simple-mindedness.

Given that this server is trying to recreate the classic EQ experience, that is exactly how I would guide new players. Discovering new things and feeling your own way into the World is part of what makes a true MMORPG.

I have to think that most people who seem dismayed by this idea are the kind of people who rush to use the cheat-codes in video games when they find something to be too difficult after just one or two attempts. Gogogo GOD-MODE in Doom. Because it's clearly the same game when you do that. Right.
Old 06-06-2011, 05:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

something very super
Old 06-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

^Remove that guy.

Zuranthium, everything you just said was exactly my favorite thing also. I made a new guild called <Zuranthium for President of Everquest and the World> because your ideas/advice are so awesome. I am recruiting low level iksars to be the main people in it and i ported them to WC so you could teach them how to be really awesome in WFP. They all died when we zoned in because they had no invisibillies. Sorry.
Closed Thread