Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Large Bat

Default Introduction

Hi all,
I'm trying to relive some classic EQ moments while I wait for Brad M to get Pantheon ready. On the kickstarter project he was asking fans to play eq or vg while we wait and VG is going away. Then I read about P1999 and thought this could be great.

The reason for the post is to say hi and get some info about class. I've played eq since beta and I know how classes like Paladin were treated on raids in classic eq. I'm curious if that matter here? Can I play a paladin, find a guild and raid or does discrimination still happen? I really wanted to play a pally or a rogue. I just don't want to get weeks in and find out it was a bad choice lol.

Also, in case I missed it in all the reading I did this am. Do hell levels still exist?

Thanks for any guidance you guys can offer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Dar
Old 01-25-2014, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Yes to hell levels, yes to pally discrimination, play a rogue

Welcome and good luck!
Old 01-25-2014, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

Discrimination still happens.

That said, there are definitely a number of level 60 paladins who raid.

Getting to 60 will be a bit easier w/ a rogue, and you'll generally be more useful on raids.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the answers. I'm tuning eq to the Mac, once that's done I'll get started.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

If you wanna play a paladin, play a paladin. You'll be a great help in EXP groups and while you won't be super-useful in raids, guilds will certainly take you. You will have an easier time as a rogue, though (unless you plan on doing any soloing).
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 01-25-2014, 01:09 PM
Planar Protector

Last night I grouped with a paladin and rogue at NG. We didn't have any other class/healer, and I was really impressed with the paladin's ability to take damage, heal, and hold aggro. It was super easy to keep all of NG cleared with this setup. The paladin was in mid 50s too.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:47 PM
Aviak

Greetings

Play what you wanna play imo. Cant comment on pallys grouped with one he was good i guess.

Play what you wanna play dont worry what others say about the class you like. If its the class you like then = win

Yar hell lvls are here [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-25-2014, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Welcome Dar! What Xarilzir said, the reason you're back here is to have fun anyway right? That's the whole idea!