Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Sarnak

nonononononono!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2011, 07:36 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadrian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While you attempt to make a logical reason, I have to disagree.
There are many other aspects to the game other than just sitting LFG. You can tradeskill, do a quest, work some faction while waiting. Also, why "sit" LFG, you can be a bit more pro-active and approach groups that you are interested in joining. The only time I EVER had an issue finding a group was when I just sat LFG. When I approach groups and tell them that I am interested in taking a spot in line, I get a tell within the hour.

THIS.

If all you want to do is exp and group, you're a cretin. Go find something else to do, there is plenty.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Odeseus i am not sure about that...

How do other EMUs do this? Through donations.

Anyways just a suggestion really...i think there should be no IP exemptions in any shape or form.
Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eseven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know, the people have been heard and the majority has ruled against it, but I would hope that some people would be open minded enough to consider my point of view and change what I think is an unnecessary rule.

From what I have gathered, the most cogent reason given as to why this rule is in place, is that the quality of the in-game community will be degraded by too many people playing double characters.

I agree with this argument to a certain extent. Yes, if a very high percentage of players were double boxing, then all the symptoms described by those against it would probably become an issue.

I disagree that this rather vague percentage will ever be reached. The majority of players are still going to be playing the game in a solo manner. It was like that before, it will be like that now. I can't recall once in the past of me ever thinking to myself "these damn two boxers, always ruining my fun!".

It really was never a problem. Usually it was just the opposite. The only time I ever really noticed a two boxer impacting the game was when we were grouped together and they were having a positive effect on game play, i.e. extra buffs, heals, etc. , just like any other character being controlled by one person.

Now your probably thinking, well thanks for sharing your view, now move along. Well that is the reason for my post. I am moving along although I really don't wish to and there really isn't a place to move along to anymore.

Like many other people, I have had a love for this game for many years. I eventually stopped playing because I wasn't happy with all the changes being made to it, and frankly all the time I was spending playing was beyond ridiculous. It would have been great to be able to come back to the game I had known and enjoy it again, not just because of the original content, but also because it was doable within my current lifestyle.

I am no longer willing or able to spend my time, especially my mornings, sitting around looking for a group to play with, and when that group is eventually found, not being able to get anything else in real life done. Being able to two box is a solution to this problem. It allows you the freedom to play the game in a semi-afk capacity while you go about your daily business. What is so wrong with that? It doesn't mean you never group with other people, you just regulate it to when you have the time to focus your full attention on the game.

Many player's lifestyles and priorities have changed over the last ten or so years but our love for this game has not. I used to stay up all night raiding and adding pizza boxes to my collection, now I wake up early in the morning and enjoy cooking a nice meal for my family in the evening.

The two boxing rule being enforced on this server is driving people like myself away from the game. We either play the game because we can or we don't play at all. We don't wish to interfere with any others enjoyment or hurt the game whatsoever, we just want to go about our game business quietly and at a leisurely pace.

I hope some people will take my thoughts into consideration and change a rule that I believe labels many decent players as troublemakers and thus considers them better off dead.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Odeseus i am not sure about that...

How do other EMUs do this? Through donations.

Anyways just a suggestion really...i think there should be no IP exemptions in any shape or form.
Retarded.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Live: 2 boxing costs you extra money, the majority of people didn't 2 box for this reason.

P99: 2 boxing would be free, almost everyone + their grandmothers would 2 box, everything would be even worse camped than now, raiding would be a total shitfest. The server would be garbage, the majority of people would /quit, p99 would be dead.

Play a solo class if you dont want to be in need of grps.

/thread
You cap the amount of boxes people get, allowing 2, wouldn't kill the state of this game, it would help it. Groups would be full, and be able to do more with it, yes people can duo more, but it means more people will be apt to play because TBH, when I came back I played a solo class because I don't have 15 people I know playing with me. With kunark coming, and more zones and more people being SPREAD OUT.

You people on this server are kidding yourselves if you don't think its already going on anyways, with these exemptions, the GMs are stretched thin trying to watch for people who do it, but its done. People find work arounds to it, and the list goes on and on. I play usually late night hours, when theres 300 and less on, and I can tell you, if I played anything but a necro, I'd probably have quit by now, I really think allowing just 2, would bring more people to the server who wouldn't be scared to start here because they can play 2 classes that compliment well and help them get started. I personally would have liked to play a group class like a rogue, but knowing my playtime, during leveling it just wouldn't be possible or efficient in any way.

Most of you don't know what doing this would do to the server, you are assuming. Most of the people who aren't complete egotists understand that the best XP groups in this game require a full group, not 4 people. All this will do is help that be achieved.

You guys are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours, the bottom line of the situation is this, you want a classic EQ experience? Just like in 1999? GUESS WHAT? People boxed back then too, on 56k and i think the game was fine back then so do you obviously if your playing here now.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think just paying for an extra IP exemtion (say $100 for 12 months) would be a great way to address the issues all the way around.

-Get $$$ for server costs.
-Multiboxers could pay for 1+ exemptions (why limit it to 2?).
-Would hold those "lying" about girlfriends/wives/boyfriends/husbands/kids/cousins/roommates playing and need an IP exemption accountable!
-Would supplement the "classic" eq feel without totally ruining the server.
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
no, just NO

anyone talking about boxing should just be banned on the spot.
Quote:
You guys are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours
all 2 of you

There is a reason why this server caps at close to 1,000 people. Why in the hell would you ruin the flavor of the server with boxing? The server is perfect the way it is and no Im not a 50 with cap gear talking, I am starting from scratch again and would leave on the spot of boxing was allowed.
Last edited by MaSQue; 02-20-2011 at 09:44 PM..
Old 02-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSQue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
no, just NO

anyone talking about boxing should just be banned on the spot.

all 2 of you
I'm glad we can have a civil discussion.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad we can have a civil discussion.
When it comes to this topic this is what you get from the people who like the server the way it is now and the way it has always been. There is a bunch of servers on the server listing, I am sure lots of those allow boxing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are entitled to your opinion, we are entitled to ours, the bottom line of the situation is this, you want a classic EQ experience? Just like in 1999? GUESS WHAT? People boxed back then too, on 56k and i think the game was fine back then so do you obviously if your playing here now.
GUESS WHAT? When you get your own server you can allow boxing as much as you want. Sorry to say but you do not run this server so I think maybe you should play it the way the people who run this server tell you to play it.
Last edited by MaSQue; 02-20-2011 at 09:52 PM..
Old 02-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaSQue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When it comes to this topic this is what you get from the people who like the server the way it is now and the way it has always been. There is a bunch of servers on the server listing, I am sure lots of those allow boxing.

What draws people to project 1999 isn't the no boxing rule they have. Its the classic Everquest experience from 1999. To claim that like you have is completely close minded. I play this game on this server because I had some of the most fun in gaming back in Everquest up until Velious. This server has given us the best replica of that. You tell me go play on a server that allows boxing, when theres no other server that's done what Project 1999 has done. Good call buddy. The idea behind our posts is so the Devs will at least KNOW there are people on this server who wouldn't mind it and wouldn't threaten to quit if they did. I will play this server regardless on what they do because its an awesome server. I'm sorry you can't say the same.

Quote:
GUESS WHAT? When you get your own server you can allow boxing as much as you want. Sorry to say but you do not run this server so I think maybe you should play it the way the people who run this server tell you to play it.
Why you getting so fired up? I'm simply giving the people who run this server an opinion, they don't have to do it, as long as my opinion is HEARD is all I'm asking.
Last edited by Teeny; 02-20-2011 at 09:55 PM..
Closed Thread