Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Sarnak

Default MMO Podcast: Yak Cast 42 “The 5 Amigos” is now live!

* Joined by co-host Gespenst.
* Special Guests: Athisdaine aka Wizbang, BoBo, and Jeremy.
* Rift first experiences and impressions.
* EverQuest Progression Server impressions and experiences.
* Other MMO related chat and Insanity.

Direct Download:http://www.yak.mmosmacktalk.com/content/Yak_Cast042.mp3

Old 02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Not having listened before and just judging this based on looks and presentation, I thought this would be pretty gay and hosted by some corny old dude. Fortunately, this wasn't the case.

Edit : Having listened further. Assuming you are all active P99 players, it feels odd that you guys are slobbing on Fippy Darkpaw's proverbial knob. You're basically praising all of the features that make Fippy a horrible joke of a server.
It makes you guys sound like a bunch of...well, "WoW-generation players" to put it as lightly as possible (since this isn't R&F). Actually it makes me question if you guys play or enjoy P99 at all, and are just merely advertising here for more hits.
At one point you had to explain to your co-host (an actual EQ player), who Fippy Darkpaw was...
Mind you this is only having listened to two of your podcast sessions, I'll have to check out the others.

Still, it's listenable. It's not anywhere near as bad as the official EQ podcast (which sounds like a bunch of soccer moms fingering eachother).

I guess it's kind of like a liberal enjoying political radio but his only options at the time are Neil Bortz and Rush Limbaugh.
(I'm still enjoying the novelty of an EQ podcast even if you disagree with everything I enjoy about this game.)

Keep going guys, I'll keep downloading.
Last edited by Uterus; 02-28-2011 at 07:28 PM..
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM
Kobold

You guys say WoW is generic and doesn't promote a real community, but then you whine that everything in EQ that builds community and makes it unique is too difficult. Not to mention this all happens while you guys call people who have different opinions than you douchebags.

The whole podcast sounds like 3 nerds sitting around at Denny's with a tape recorder in the middle of the table.(snorting while laughing included)
Old 03-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uterus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not having listened before and just judging this based on looks and presentation, I thought this would be pretty gay and hosted by some corny old dude. Fortunately, this wasn't the case.

Edit : Having listened further. Assuming you are all active P99 players, it feels odd that you guys are slobbing on Fippy Darkpaw's proverbial knob. You're basically praising all of the features that make Fippy a horrible joke of a server.
It makes you guys sound like a bunch of...well, "WoW-generation players" to put it as lightly as possible (since this isn't R&F). Actually it makes me question if you guys play or enjoy P99 at all, and are just merely advertising here for more hits.
At one point you had to explain to your co-host (an actual EQ player), who Fippy Darkpaw was...
Mind you this is only having listened to two of your podcast sessions, I'll have to check out the others.

Still, it's listenable. It's not anywhere near as bad as the official EQ podcast (which sounds like a bunch of soccer moms fingering eachother).

I guess it's kind of like a liberal enjoying political radio but his only options at the time are Neil Bortz and Rush Limbaugh.
(I'm still enjoying the novelty of an EQ podcast even if you disagree with everything I enjoy about this game.)

Keep going guys, I'll keep downloading.
LMAO, you thought I would have been an old guy. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I played on P1999 with a Druid until level 19. Yes, as we have stated on my show that that the Fippy server is the best version of everquest. Every thing that P1999 had on it sucked the joy out the game that Sony got smack and listened to the player base and tweaked. However, this version of EQ is nothing like WOW and very close minded of you to say that. More people agree that Fippy is the better version of EQ, and has x10 the population and people like me as willing to pay for it!

Old 03-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMAO, you thought I would have been an old guy. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I played on P1999 with a Druid until level 19. Yes, as we have stated on my show that that the Fippy server is the best version of everquest. Every thing that P1999 had on it sucked the joy out the game that Sony got smack and listened to the player base and tweaked. However, this version of EQ is nothing like WOW and very close minded of you to say that. More people agree that Fippy is the better version of EQ, and has x10 the population and people like me as willing to pay for it!
Either my reading comprehension has gone to shit or you can not write a coherent paragraph.

If I am reading this correctly then do us all a favor and get the fuck off our forums and go play fippy, no one wants to listen to your shitty podcasts.

If I read it incorrectly then my bad but we still don't want to listen to your shitty podcasts.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I disagree with you completely.

As stated already, Fippy/EQlive incorporated many mechanics and features that took away from the original feel of Everquest (Can you say Marketplace)

I'm not sure how you can even say Project 1999 sucked the joy of out of the game, as it's the original version of the game that people loved so much (Probably why P99 is top of the emu charts).
You say more people agree that Fippy is a better version, but after reading the forums @ www.fippydarkpaw.com, I would disagree. The main complaint, was that the progression server doesn't have the classic feel LOTS of people came back for. (Yes I understand progression doesn't mean classic)

10x the population ? Ok..?

I also agree that the current version of EQlive has many mechanics/features included over the years that are similar to World of Warcraft, so I can see the comparison. (Why wouldn't you add features that are working for your competitor)

I'd suggest if your looking to get more listeners, you should be less biased and take more of a neutral position.

EDIT: PS Bob is right.
Last edited by Massive Marc; 03-01-2011 at 04:15 PM..
Old 03-01-2011, 04:15 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Every thing that P1999 had on it sucked the joy out the game
Could you elaborate? I genuinely enjoy playing on this server, so I'm curious as to what it is that's so terrible that I seem to be overlooking.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizen1080 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either my reading comprehension has gone to shit or you can not write a coherent paragraph.

If I am reading this correctly then do us all a favor and get the fuck off our forums and go play fippy, no one wants to listen to your shitty podcasts.

If I read it incorrectly then my bad but we still don't want to listen to your shitty podcasts.

<Vesica Dei>
Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Could you elaborate? I genuinely enjoy playing on this server, so I'm curious as to what it is that's so terrible that I seem to be overlooking.
I cannot instantly win!
Old 03-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Banned

Last edited by dredge; 12-12-2012 at 10:04 PM..
Closed Thread