Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 12:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90's Make up:

Attachment 10897
That’s more or less what I’m aiming for.
Old 05-28-2019, 12:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
90s grunge has a special place in my heart, I remember hearing Smells like teen spirit on the radio as my aunt was taking me to Boy Scouts, and I think I still channel the 90s really hard with my taste in style / makeup for better or worse.

Think the last thing I liked on the radio was Incubus - Pardon me. Grunge / good alternative was pretty solidly dead by that point and I went into a big classic rock phase, which I’m now mostly sick of. Then I got into prog rock and melodic death metal. Always hated guttural screaming, but higher pitched screaming and melodic metal do it for me.

Atm I’m just listening to doom metal where it’s like required the singers can’t sing worth a fuck (Black Sabbath / Electric Wizard / The Sword?) and Queens of the Stone Age / Kyuss and other stoner rock.

Grateful Dead always makes me happy. How anyone can dislike the Beatles confuses me, but it’s ok. I will sing along to Sublime till the day I die. Slayer / Sepultura / Pantera is a painful reminder of my I am totally not gay fellas teen years drinking & puking off shitty coors light / Jack Daniels, but I still like them.

Carina Round - Into my blood - first female singer I liked. Love Fiona Apple, Regina Spektor, Daughter, Yeah yeah yeahs, Jolie Holland, The Distillers, Daughter, Ingrid Michaelson.

That’s what I like. Guess I never considered anyone overated. I just decided I don’t like that music and stopped listening to it. Thread is weird music nerd debate.
It's funny you mention Sublime because I was just thinking to myself the other day about how much of a basic bitch band they are. I used to like Sublime, when I was younger and in high school still. But now, I just can't do it. I was out and about the other day and these two high school aged girls were playing a Sublime song on one of their phones (annoying, put in some head phones, but I digress) and sang along with it.

Made me realize that 95% of the people that listen to Sublime are young jits who think that smoking reefer is cool and trendy. I was there once, I get it, but I don't think Sublime deserves the credit they get and I'm just tired of hearing anything by them at this point.

But if there's anything the 90's did right, other than the grunge thing, it was having good alternative music. Alternative music these days is so bad, I really can't listen to any of it. I mean it's flat out terrible. Words can not express my disdain for current alternative music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzbiscuits [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tool, Nine-Inch-Nails, Pink Floyd.
Nine Inch Nails is straight trash. I really never understood Trent Reznor and I never will.
Last edited by Delacroix; 05-28-2019 at 12:51 AM..
Old 05-28-2019, 02:09 AM
Planar Protector

Y'all sound like a bunch of old farts ready to turn the hose onto the kids in the street.
Old 05-28-2019, 02:25 AM
Planar Protector

Kings of Leon, Dave Matthews, the Police.

They are all awful
Old 05-28-2019, 03:01 AM
Planar Protector

Trent Reznor is a national treasure. I’m sorry you never got to enjoy the fraggle.
Last edited by Cecily; 05-28-2019 at 03:09 AM..
Old 05-28-2019, 03:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trent Reznor is a national treasure. I’m sorry you never got to enjoy the fraggle.
In his defense, Hurt is a good song.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

Most over rated....

1) Nickleback
2) Imagine Dragons
3) Tool / A Perfect Circle

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-28-2019, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most over rated....

1) Nickleback
To be overrated, people have to think highly of them to begin with, lol.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:39 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
THE SMITHS

morrissey sux
And the retarded feminist chimes in...

You find out Morrissey has different opinions than you and all of a sudden you hate the band.

You know which bands have different opinions than me? Fucking all of them.

Rage against the Machine would probably burst into flames if they knew a reactionary like myself was listening to their music.

Who fucking cares.
Last edited by DinoTriz2; 05-28-2019 at 06:50 AM..
Old 05-28-2019, 07:52 AM
Planar Protector

Suicidal Tendencies
Dream Theater

To whoever said Beatles were overrated - you might be mistaken the question of "are they overrated" with "do you like them".

Beatles redefined pop music worldwide. You can't say they are getting too much credit, even if you don't like their actual music.
Closed Thread