Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 10:37 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Hello everybody, my name is Vance

Hello, a friend in my college invited me to try Everquest out, as I've never played it before.

I'm into games where there are little to no help/instructions for the newbie, so that it encourages exploration and learning rather than following pathways like a mindless idiot.

I have heard that Everquest is sort of like Morrowind, which is one of my favorite RPGs of all time.

Could anybody please redirect me regarding where and how I should download this game? I would love to play.

Thank you, and welcome everybody!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:40 PM
Planar Protector

Look at the images carefully [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...975#post539975

...and welcome on board, be sure to check the "Getting started" link on the homepage - and ask for any advice if you need it!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome, and come play with the good guys over on Red server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2014, 10:52 PM
Orc

"I'm into games where there are little to no help/instructions for the newbie"

http://wiki.project1999.com/Main_Page In 6 weeks you'll be a Wiki God. hehehe
Old 01-23-2014, 10:54 PM
Fire Giant

Welcome. Everquest can be daunting at first for a new player, but give it time and it could turn out to be one of your best gaming experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barfight
"President, its time to shut the fuck up."
Old 01-24-2014, 01:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look at the images carefully [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...975#post539975

...and welcome on board, be sure to check the "Getting started" link on the homepage - and ask for any advice if you need it!
I laughed very hard
Old 01-24-2014, 01:59 AM
Sarnak

Welcome!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:50 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like this is the MMO for you! Welcome man! This is the only game that took me away from my new favorite game of all time that I was putting so many hours into. (Dark Souls) No matter how hard the game is as long as it's satisfying and rewarding while feeling like you are gaining skill it's a perfect game IMO. Well, not perfect, but yeah. It's amazing really. It's amazing that this old ass game is still much better than any recent MMO by far to me. All the more recent ones are just insulting to the player. Solid gameplay, interesting lore, graphics fit even though they are outdated (you can improve them to look very nice without changing them to anything unclassic), rewarding, and when you die it's usually your fault. (not always the case. stupid aggro through walls) Get better or get owned. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Now if you know Dark Souls you can see why it sits so well with me. There's not much more satisfying than a well put together group with players all doing their parts and having the mobs and xp coming in left and right.

Also, keep an open mind. Give the game and yourself some time. It's not about instant reward and hand holding here. You wont be level 30 in 3 hours.

Most importantly, engage with the community and learn. This game is very centered around community and banding together to beat the odds. (although soloing is definitely a thing and you can lone wolf it on downtime if you pick your battles or find some quests.)

And don't forget to add smiley faces at the end of your sentences here and there. ;D A /smile and a /hug goes a long way! People usually don't mind helping you out especially in the early levels as long as you are grateful. Simply not saying thanks or acknowledging someones help can put you on someone's shit list. Reputation can be important here and it's a pretty small world.

Best of luck in your adventures!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:52 AM
Sarnak

I also recommend checking out some channels on YT. Level1Undercon, SirBitsandBob and Daelyn75Games and Sirkenp99 are a few that are very good to keep an eye on. Of course there are more out there that are good as well.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:10 AM
Kobold

If you make it through EQ you'll make it through everything.
Closed Thread