Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM
Fire Giant

Too late for sure, but better late than never. I only check in twice per year for patch notes like these, but everyone's already gone. What's left? Maybe a re-release? I don't know, maybe it's a bad idea because it half punishes the supporters if , and on the other half it may revive the server. My bards only lvl 22ish, but if people played with all these bonuses and "rallos zek"-like rules like the ones newly implemented, I would be willing to start over if everyone else did. Maybe a /levelto10 to encourage people since the first few levels on red suck terribly. Idk, probably talking out of my ass, but either way I'm happy as hell to see these overdue changes, but saddened if people still feel it's too late. It could have been so epic.....but just ruined by stubbornness ugh...... Any plans to revive the community, after all these epic changes?
Last edited by xblade724; 08-21-2014 at 07:10 AM..
Old 08-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Retired GM

Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone

The server was up to ~200 people a night after the changes. Held steady like that for a while. Now it's closer to 150 at peak times. #1 thing that will bring people in and keep them around is community outreach programs for lowbies, and an overall more positive attitude from the players.

When every 3rd thread on the forums says "WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE" and /ooc has similar rhetoric, not sure why anyone thinks people would stick around to play. It doesn't even give the box a chance at that point - it's shooting yourself before you even get to the gunfight.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:41 PM
Fire Giant

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server was up to ~200 people a night after the changes. Held steady like that for a while. Now it's closer to 150 at peak times. #1 thing that will bring people in and keep them around is community outreach programs for lowbies, and an overall more positive attitude from the players.

When every 3rd thread on the forums says "WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE" and /ooc has similar rhetoric, not sure why anyone thinks people would stick around to play. It doesn't even give the box a chance at that point - it's shooting yourself before you even get to the gunfight.
Hmm, this is true.. I mean, the previous comment almost prevented me from even LOOKING (since after all, I don't check in very often). Don't worry, I'll still check it out, though.

As for lowbies, yea, this is huge. On Rallos Zek which was a big hit later, they realized this too -- they made PvP only active for lvl 10+ to get people off their feet and not rage quit at lvl 1-2. Not sure if that's a consideration. I find it easier to get on my feet after this magical number (well, 8 as a caster, 10 as anything else). Personally I don't care because I'm in my 20's, but I do want to see new people.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

Theres no YT before level 10, I never bothered to mess with it before then.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

people stick around because there is no other eq pvp server out there with such a clean code as we have.

does that mean that people are happy with the current state of our server? not realy.

those 200 players you are mentioning are those 200 contesting bossmobs. afterwards we have currently 100 at best for the other 6 days a week.
Last edited by mitic; 10-01-2014 at 10:23 AM..
Old 01-15-2015, 11:19 PM
Planar Protector

Right now the pop is pretty strong.

When is area OOC going live?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM
Large Bat

Just started here, loving it so far. My Preconceived notions about red were mostly incorrect.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:48 PM
Orc

Default Loving Red

It's definitely a different feel to the server now. Still some douchemongrelling twinks around causing trouble but in general people seem cool.

My friend and I are back and plan to stay for awhile. hope to see you all on there.
Old 09-04-2015, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

Ran across a fungi twink ranger on my bard in MM yesterday, he was awful. Take that tunic away and he was one of the worst pvpers I've met since playing here.

Get past level 30 and the fungi twinks tend to disappear anyway, just watch for the odd wizard sniper in CoM [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-12-2016, 04:40 AM
Orc

Pras it.