Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
Sarnak

Default Blackscreen when I connect to Project 99

I'm running the underfoot client, i just set everything up. im able to connect to other servers on the list but for some reason when i try to connect to the P99 server my client goes all black and it doesnt do anything.

im sure this is a common problem as my friend is having the same issue - anyone able to help us out?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:36 PM
Fire Giant

You need to be using the Titanium client. You may have limited success using Secrets of Faydwer client; the Underfoot client is not supported at all.

Excerpted from this:
Quote:
To get started, you must first obtain a copy of the specific Everquest client that is compatible with our server. This client is called the Titanium client, and can be found in various places like amazon, or ebay. The reason it must be the Titanium client is due to the way the client communicates with the server. Every time Everquest has a patch, those communication protocols are changed in that version of the client, and will no longer work with previous versions of server communication protocols. For this reason, only a Clean Install of Everquest Titanium will work. There is another client that works on our server (The Secrets of Faydwer client), but this client is unsupported, and you may experience problems with some of the features. It is strongly recommended that Titanium be used, and for the rest of this guide we will assume that it is.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

oh my god, are you serious?

I thought underfoot was supported =( I thought you had to make a short cut that bypassed the EQ patch process
Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah. >.< It really does require Titaniam.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Fire Giant

Try this thread for some oblique suggestions.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I seriously question the sanity of the overly sanctimonious people who think that they don't have the right to download Titanium client through torrent sites because of some ridiculous moral obligation to themselves.

You've purchased Everquest before in your life, possibly multiple times. You have the right to download the files and use them.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uterus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I seriously question the sanity of the overly sanctimonious people who think that they don't have the right to download Titanium client through torrent sites because of some ridiculous moral obligation to themselves.

You've purchased Everquest before in your life, possibly multiple times. You have the right to download the files and use them.
LOL I know right?? It's an emulated server with zero ties to SOE. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But if you dare mention the word torrent people want to dig out their bibles and beat you with 'em, inquisition style.