Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Kobold

Default Fastest way to power through 35+?

I relied on dungeons for the most part to get here. Grouping in UGuk, Unrest and HHK was amazing and fairly straightforward. I noticed that the XP gain drops off fairly sharply after level 35 as there isn't an abundance of high ZEM dungeons to cheese at this level.

I'm playing a druid and people suggest animal charming in OT but I got beaten to near death a couple of times over 1% of my XP bar and my attention span is a bit too low for that. Not enough mana to quad kite either.

I'm wondering if there's a spot I could camp/group at for quick XP at level 35 where it's as easy as the previous levels.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-16-2019, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

SolA is still good if you can find a group.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:23 PM
Kobold

I'll meet you in FV for pirates, level 40 chanter.

Charm a backstabbing pirate, 50% haste it, snare and fear, mobs die in 15- 20 seconds. So I have heard. I have been dying to try it

I haven't done it but everyone told me if I had a druid partner that's epic grinding.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what does the druid bring to the table?
Snare and you can flame lick kite the mobs and you need to group or the pet will take 50% of the exp.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare and you can flame lick kite the mobs and you need to group or the pet will take 50% of the exp.
Snare, heal and harmony to avoid unwanted adds.

But the answer to OP question is to have a high level monk or necro power level you. Hah.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Snare, heal and harmony to avoid unwanted adds.

But the answer to OP question is to have a high level monk or necro power level you. Hah.
If you're using backstabbing pirates, you shouldn't need too many heals or harmony. I'll powerlevel ya on guards in hhk if he doesn't mind the faction hit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-16-2019, 08:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradsamma [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're using backstabbing pirates, you shouldn't need too many heals or harmony. I'll powerlevel ya on guards in hhk if he doesn't mind the faction hit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Charm breaks. It's a thing.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:20 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll meet you in FV for pirates, level 40 chanter.
Quote:
I'll powerlevel ya on guards in hhk if he doesn't mind the faction hit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dope, both are great suggestions. Gimme your character names and add Trayef and we can meet up whenever we're both online.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-17-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Alternately find a lower level tigress in OT. Charm it, buff the hell out of it. Duo with a shaman and just plow through mobs stupidly fast and you both just heal the pet. With a priest heals, regen, slow, and snares it’s quite safe.

The xp is fast. I did this for a lot of levels 35-46. As you get higher you can move to tigers. By 43-44 I would actually hunt around until I found the highest level tiger spawn. If memory serves correctly they double for 96 and do so quickly when hasted. They melt pretty much any other mob.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 05-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Sarnak

Hi there, I leveled with my Druid until 35 in High Keep.

After that I moved to Mistmoore and joined the "CE" (Castle entrance) group which you can level with from 35 - 40.

The group functioned pretty similarly to HK!

I have also heard that starting at Level 40 there are similar groups to be found in City of Mist (so that's where I'm headed next).

Werga ⋆ Level 29 Shaman ⋆ Troll
Taruuk ⋆ Level 14 Necromancer ⋆ Dark Elf

Closed Thread