Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 03:27 PM
Orc

Default Question regarding Frontal Stun Immunity

In regards to the Ogre racial of Frontal Stun Immunity or FSI, my question is this. So say you are casting a spell with your back against the wall, channeling skill is maxed whatever, so none of that can be an interference with my question. What happens when you are casting as an Ogre and mid-cast a mob connects with a bash, I recognize you DO NOT take the stun effect, however, will the Ogre be interrupted of his spell cast regardless? Because if you do get interrupted, but just do not take the stun effect, then I'd say the usefulness of FSI is heavily mitigated by that fact, and regen would trump it, IMO. However, if you can actually continue to channel your cast through a mobs connected bash without receiving some sort of interrupt(outside of channeling skill & push), then I think it should be as heavily lauded as it is. I've never been able to find a distinct sure fire answer to this question. Any perspective on this from max level Ogre Shaman who can indeed confirm this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks = D (Please don't turn this into a BiS race pick for Shaman lol, that's been done to death, I'm just interested in a mechanics question regarding the FSI racial)
Old 05-28-2019, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

Correct FSI will allow you to keep casting so long as your player position doesn't get pushed too far away from the initial casting point and the hits you are receiving are to the front.

You can be tanking 4 dangerous NPCs at the same time and receive 4 bashes and still slow them one by one, so long as they aren't melee pushing you too far. AKA your back is against a corner or wall.

This benefit is lost upon using an illusion of any kind such as, bear form, skeleton illusion, etc.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkmarino [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Correct FSI will allow you to keep casting so long as your player position doesn't get pushed too far away from the initial casting point and the hits you are receiving are to the front.

You can be tanking 4 dangerous NPCs at the same time and receive 4 bashes and still slow them one by one, so long as they aren't melee pushing you too far. AKA your back is against a corner or wall.

This benefit is lost upon using an illusion of any kind such as, bear form, skeleton illusion, etc.
Okay then, yeah if it does indeed operate that way here on Project 1999, then I can see why it is such a highly regarded racial for sure. You know what I mean though if the FSI racial ONLY mitigated the stun effect and not the interrupt of the spell casting(outside of pushback/channeling) I wouldn't think it's that great at all.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay then, yeah if it does indeed operate that way here on Project 1999, then I can see why it is such a highly regarded racial for sure. You know what I mean though if the FSI racial ONLY mitigated the stun effect and not the interrupt of the spell casting(outside of pushback/channeling) I wouldn't think it's that great at all.
I'm not sure it works that way. Back in classic there were three things that could potentially interrupt you: a stun(automatic interrupt), moved/being moved (the greater distance moved the greater the chance of interrupt), and just damage itself could interrupt your casting. However, it was pretty rare for you to be interrupt only because of taking melee damage.Not sure how it works on P99 though.

The main reason regen is somewhat "meh" for a shaman if you plan to play it at level 60 is that torpor makes regen almost irrelevant.
Old 05-28-2019, 03:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The main reason regen is somewhat "meh" for a shaman if you plan to play it at level 60 is that torpor makes regen almost irrelevant.
Well, that and the fact that there's no way to get it without a significant XP penalty. The regen itself of course absolutely does help with leveling ... but just not enough to counterbalance the penalty.

In other words, when choosing Troll over Barbarian you're essentially trading a slightly longer path to 60 in exchange for getting to spend a smaller percentage of that path sitting on your butt.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Dont try to justify choosing barbarian.
Old 05-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Orc

ehh idk it all adds up honestly, leveling with regen is immense. Yeah Torpor certainly mitigates the usefulness sure, but it's still something even with Torpor, much more limited in its scope yes, but the 1000s of hours getting to 60 and acquiring Torpor I'd say regen is pretty handy = D
Old 05-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In other words, when choosing Troll over Barbarian you're essentially trading a slightly longer path to 60 in exchange for getting to spend a smaller percentage of that path sitting on your butt.
correction you are choosing between this and this:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2019, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Out of the racial traits, fsi is the most useful for raid and regen the most effective for all levels... But no racial traits have a big impact at 60,it's rather marginal compared to gear...
Old 05-28-2019, 04:28 PM
Planar Protector

Also consider that every other race isnt stunned by bash 100% of the time either from the front.