Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Leaderboard example...

My math sucks but something like:

The winner gets 10% of victims total +/- 1% based on level differential +level/2.

Bob 200 points. level 45.
Jim 1000 points. Level 50.

If bob kills jim, bob would gain (.15*1000)+(50/2)= 175 points and the new point totals would be bob 375 and jim 825.

If instead? Jim killed bob, jim would gain (.05*200)+(45/2)= 33 points and the totals would be bob 167 and jim 1033.

The formula could be tweaked but i think its a start in creating a leaderboard that encourages pvp, rewards victory, punishes death, prevents exploitation, and recognizes level differential.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

No leaderboard please, we don't need to give the fratboys more pointless numbers to mindlessly obsess over. It's still football season, right?

I also don't like gear being looted from bags. If alt gear, clicky gear and such are going to be lootable, it will just result in everyone only using the gear they have on. It would limit our characters.. clerics choosing either to use stat gear or Donal's items, never both.

imo either make it RZ loot rules with no no drop items, or make it only cash things like gems, pumice, potions and wands that can be looted.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softcore PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No leaderboard please, we don't need to give the fratboys more pointless numbers to mindlessly obsess over. It's still football season, right?

I also don't like gear being looted from bags. If alt gear, clicky gear and such are going to be lootable, it will just result in everyone only using the gear they have on. It would limit our characters.. clerics choosing either to use stat gear or Donal's items, never both.

imo either make it RZ loot rules with no no drop items, or make it only cash things like gems, pumice, potions and wands that can be looted.
So you would rather risk having your worn items looted than your bagged ones? In one case bagged gear is safe and in the other worn gear is safe. And you are trying to argue that looting bagged items is too rough?

Think before you type.
Old 12-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe some type of item loot system is possible. Discussions should continue.

One suggestion I haven't heard was droppable items by type. That circumvents the weapon/armor problem and points specifically cash loot. For those who do eqemu stuff, something like items.itemtype 14,15,17,21,38 and != nodrop. So that's droppable food, drink, gems, potions, pages, runes, etc. Just something extra?

I also wondered how many players would choose 1 droppable non-worn item loot if it enabled yellow text kills and leaderboard for them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe make planar dropable, and enable looting of bagged droppable stuff from inventory, not random drop, but pick and choose 1 item, if its gems, 1 off the stack... Players using a manastone ect would be fine using inventory as long as they didn't bag it. So if something is very important to you, keep it in the bank, use from inventory or wear it, just don't bag it as the item would be lootable.

Making planar and later velious quest armor components droppable would greatly increase the server economy as well as greatly decrease the time and effort required by casual players to start competing with more established players pvp/pve wise. With 1 bagged item lootable there would be a huge incentive for poorly geared or casual players to gank players in uberguilds as there is a good chance of getting to loot a piece of armor, spell, or gem they can use and the player killed is not using. This would also greatly increase the importance of cities and city faction as there will be a huge incentive to bank early and often...
Last edited by Kastro; 12-26-2011 at 04:28 PM..
Old 12-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Also suggest first implementing this in planar zones only.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you would rather risk having your worn items looted than your bagged ones? In one case bagged gear is safe and in the other worn gear is safe. And you are trying to argue that looting bagged items is too rough?

Think before you type.
I'm really not sure what you're trying t say :/

Under my suggestions, the players are put on something of an even playing field. Either you're always risking gear (removal of no drop tag, RZ loot rules) or you're just always risking whatever minor cash items you have on you.

If you allow people to loot gear that isn't worn, I feel you're giving an advantage to casters over melee characters. Making melee characters choose between utility or normal stat gear, while casters always have tons of utility and can still wear their stat gear. It would also mean using fun items less, like illusion masks for rogues and bards.

Really though, the RZ ruleset loot would not work here, it would just kill the population more. The only real way to include item loot, as I see it, is to make it so items like gems and potions are lootable.
Old 12-26-2011, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe some type of item loot system is possible. Discussions should continue.

One suggestion I haven't heard was droppable items by type. That circumvents the weapon/armor problem and points specifically cash loot. For those who do eqemu stuff, something like items.itemtype 14,15,17,21,38 and != nodrop. So that's droppable food, drink, gems, potions, pages, runes, etc. Just something extra?

I also wondered how many players would choose 1 droppable non-worn item loot if it enabled yellow text kills and leaderboard for them. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played RZ so I'm used to item loot, but vztz got me used to coin loot as well. Hope if ya'll decide to do item loot it would be the way it was on RZ cause its proven to work and be solid. Otherwise I'd just leave things the way they are.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog

Argument #1: Item loot would decrease population. Since it hasn't been tried on r99, even in beta, I have no faith in this argument. Trying it a couple of times, within the past 10 years on different eqemulator servers doesn't count for
it does count dawg

i think it's proof enuf that vztz (server been out for 2years) pop doubled the moment item loot was taken out
Closed Thread