Planar Protector

pvp champ 5 point plan

point one

boost xp

point 2-5 are irrelevent
Old 05-28-2012, 12:27 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagard [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all these dillusionals think kunark gonna boost pop big time
Your ideas are obviously helping the server population right now.

Can the few of us remaining on here even be informed in what direction the server is heading?

Do GMs exist?
Old 05-28-2012, 12:28 PM
Kobold

dont see why releasing kunark would be a bad thing, seriously.. even the most dedicated get bored of classic 7 months later, you could only goto the same zones so many times.. I disagree, kunark will bring a lot of people back.. more than any tweak you can do the current content/system -- if just for the grind to 60, it'll bring back a lot of the 50s that quit and a lot of potential players from blue who won't play red because its just boring ass classic.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

biggest issue beyond EXP, which is the current hugest barrier to new players on a barren server, is the lack of competition at the top due to the nihilum zerg. more content will not fix this. it's funny tho, the zerg isn't just bad for the rest of the pop, it's bad for nihilum as well because it leads to such quick burnout amongst it's members who get geared up quickly and realize now there's nothing left to do.

if there was some sort of fix to EXP whether it be a temporary bonus, a grouping bonus, hot zones, whatever it may be, that would be a good first step as it would provide a larger recruiting grounds for the end game, thereby creating more competition.

tl;dr: exp remains the biggest issue on this server
Old 05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
biggest issue beyond EXP, which is the current hugest barrier to new players on a barren server, is the lack of competition at the top due to the nihilum zerg. more content will not fix this. it's funny tho, the zerg isn't just bad for the rest of the pop, it's bad for nihilum as well because it leads to such quick burnout amongst it's members who get geared up quickly and realize now there's nothing left to do.

if there was some sort of fix to EXP whether it be a temporary bonus, a grouping bonus, hot zones, whatever it may be, that would be a good first step as it would provide a larger recruiting grounds for the end game, thereby creating more competition.

tl;dr: exp remains the biggest issue on this server
At this point you're just talking about making the game easy for people and catering to the lazy. There is no reason why 7 months into release people should not be 50, or close. Only thing I would agree is perhaps an exp bonus for melee classes as opposed to a penalty, but any caster should be 50 with even the most casual of schedules. It's not an excuse anymore 7 months into the server.

Red99 Graveyard blog updated 4/8, find yourself!
Old 05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloinz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pvp champ 5 point plan

point one

boost xp

point 2-5 are irrelevent
You can't go wrong with the pvp champ. His word is law and swaggerish.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

While I agree that it's not difficult to level up a caster to 50, a lot of people were initially here for PVP. When they come and see a barren server that has <30 people unless a dragon is up, they feel no motivation to continue on with the grind. Why should they? So they can join Nihilum a month from now, get geared up in two weeks and quit? Some sort of bonus, in whatever form it may be, would hopefully bring a "second wave" of people, that you could group with (this is meant to be a social game after all), PVP against etc, rather than AFK exp every 6 minutes as the only person in your zone.

Imagine how much more fun this server would be with three equally sized guilds at the top competing amongst one another with nightly PVP. That won't ever happen unless something is done to bring more people to this server. Maybe make the EXP bonus temporary, anything, who really cares at this point tbh? The arguments about it delegitimizing the efforts of the current Level 50's fall on deaf ears when the nightly pop is consistently below 40.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hijinks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At this point you're just talking about making the game easy for people and catering to the lazy. There is no reason why 7 months into release people should not be 50, or close. Only thing I would agree is perhaps an exp bonus for melee classes as opposed to a penalty, but any caster should be 50 with even the most casual of schedules. It's not an excuse anymore 7 months into the server.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In your unfailing love, silence my enemies; destroy all my foes, for I am your servant.
Blessed be the LORD my strength, who teaches my hands for war, and my fingers to fight.
(Psalms 143:12-144:1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
To be fair he is making $$, which I can't fault him for. If cheating gets you real money, go for it. Real money > pixels.
[10:53] <@Amelinda> he grabbed my ass and then i broke his nose.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:49 PM
Kobold

I think the problem is that the whole server is just one entire guild ganking up on that single person that logs in everyday. Unless another rival guild appears that challenges this guild the server is pretty much dead. I say wipe the server clean and do a full system restart.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Need more people. Or.. less content.

hateplane and soltemple were released just last patch. Has it been farmed up already? With little competition, maybe it has. :T
Its not a matter of it being farmed up, though yes, most of the dominant guild is fully equipped from fear/hate. We have our alts in planar, but only the 7 day respawn is constraining us from having all the godlewts we need.

Fact is, classic has been played out. Everyone has done it to death on multiple character here, on blue, on other emus and on live. It just doesn't draw the crowds. When the server was promised to be accelerated, many people thought they'd be able to stick it out till kunark where the big fun is, but slowly and surely things are dying out.

Anyone who thinks kunark wouldn't triple our pop is a moron.