Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2016, 03:06 AM
Planar Protector

Wipe it clean, make a red99 that doesn't leave classic era with current mechanics and fixes. Problems solved.
Old 06-30-2016, 03:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't know about merging the whole Red user base, but... allowing a one-way transfer from Red to Blue would certainly make sense.

The Exp bonus on Red isn't really a factor because, remember, no Chardok AE'ing on Red, and it's not like you can waltz to your favorite exp zone and expect to find a group most of the time.
umm yea you can definitely AoE chardok on red
Old 06-30-2016, 09:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The reason Red has low pop is because people don't want to play EQ PvP. End of story.
I actually disagree. EQ PvP could be a lot of fun, the player base on red just ruins it. I leveled a cleric to 60 on red when I was bored last year and the entire time I was there I only saw cool group PvP once. The rest of the time it was epic rogs and t-staff monks hanging around popular zones looking to gank undergeared / lower level characters. We went to the hole once to get away from the popular zones and had a factioned wizard sit around and only attack us when we'd engage mobs. Same thing happened in chardok with another factioned character. Went to CoM once and there were multiple wizards sitting up on the catwalks nuking groups below.

Red sucks because their community is actively trying to destory itself. They would rather get some lulz from griefing someone than expand their community. Even after I decided to play the guild game hoping that would be more interesting, the people on that server just suck. I literally had some guy from the guild I app'd to ask me to help him gank my own exp group, and then get mad that I wouldn't. Sorry I didn't want to help some rando I just met kill the people I had been leveling with for multiple levels.

My point being, EQ PvP could be a lot of fun, the player base of red just ruined it for their short term ammusement.
Old 06-30-2016, 09:36 AM
Sarnak

Loke hit the nail on the head - wipe it clean
Old 06-30-2016, 09:50 AM
Planar Protector

Most players have considered red and found much better elsewhere. #closethread2016
Old 06-30-2016, 10:14 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually disagree. EQ PvP could be a lot of fun, the player base on red just ruins it. I leveled a cleric to 60 on red when I was bored last year and the entire time I was there I only saw cool group PvP once. The rest of the time it was epic rogs and t-staff monks hanging around popular zones looking to gank undergeared / lower level characters. We went to the hole once to get away from the popular zones and had a factioned wizard sit around and only attack us when we'd engage mobs. Same thing happened in chardok with another factioned character. Went to CoM once and there were multiple wizards sitting up on the catwalks nuking groups below.

Red sucks because their community is actively trying to destory itself. They would rather get some lulz from griefing someone than expand their community. Even after I decided to play the guild game hoping that would be more interesting, the people on that server just suck. I literally had some guy from the guild I app'd to ask me to help him gank my own exp group, and then get mad that I wouldn't. Sorry I didn't want to help some rando I just met kill the people I had been leveling with for multiple levels.

My point being, EQ PvP could be a lot of fun, the player base of red just ruined it for their short term ammusement.
Well said but isn't that the case for 98% of PvP games? Every PvP game I have played usually results in either griefing or some form of zerging. It's always a rare thing when you have an evenly matched PvP event that isn't structured PvP like arenas or battlegrounds.

Open world PvP just blows because there are always too many people who put their own personal amusement above all else or the prevailing strategy is just to use overwhelming numbers so your opponent has no chance. In PvP winning > *.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

It's not just the R99 player base. EQ PVP has always been unpopular. That's classic.
Old 06-30-2016, 11:34 AM
Kobold

The best PvP game I ever played was Darktide on Asheron's Call. Completely open PvP, any level vs. any level, became guild v. guild. Unfortunately, the "evil" guild, which ganked anyone they wanted and prevented people from leveling up, beat the "peace" guild which wanted to defend the newbies--in part because the former spent more time levelling and the latter spent time running round defending the newbie areas. I saw the same thing on Sullon Zek, as the "evil" side just levelled, and the "good" and "neutral" defended.

Whatever you think of it (and I never played it) I think this is what DAOC wanted to eliminate--create areas and rewards for PvP, and areas for those who just want to level.

There are only a limited number of players who count achievement as victory over other players, and a limited number of players that accept that getting beat down is a part of PvP. It's significant that there are sometimes more players sitting in EC on blue selling stuff than playing Red.

So, ironically, the best way to get more players on Red, is to open another Blue. Get more people playing P1999 in total, then there will be more people to fill that small percentage who want to play a PvP server, maybe enough to make a viable server.

That, and force more than 1 or 2 guild dominance. Either force teams, or my preference, restrict guild size.
Old 06-30-2016, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

I'm in for blue raiding to be pvp
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 06-30-2016, 05:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of course you can, never happens though
just takes 1 group of non retards with a factioned puller

we did it a lot in kunark in empire, we've also AoE'd down plane of fear before
Closed Thread