Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2018, 12:45 AM
Aviak

Default Announcing P99market.com

Sorry, not really selling anything, just wanted to announce this site I built (This forum forced me to choose the WTS prefix):

p99market.com

I was a big fan of the p99auctions site while it was still a thing and was very sad to see it go. Decided to spend some time learning a new front-end framework and built this site for fun. It probably won't be as well maintained as p99auctions was, but at least it's something.

Would love any feedback you guys have. Feel free to DM me or email me at admin@p99market.com. Also, if you find any bugs please let me know and I'll see what I can do about fixing them.

Thanks,
Chewboy
Old 05-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Kobold

How do you like Angular? What are you using on the back-end?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Kobold

very cool thanks!
Old 05-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Fire Giant

Where is the data from? Just yourself?

I'm not sure how time consuming either of these suggestions are are, but my suggestions would be - If you aren't already doing it, consider excluding prices X percentage from the average price to prevent filthy ec resellers from easily manipulating it. Imo, that is the biggest problem with auction trackers. It's impossible to totally prevent, but you can stop people from auctioning a 5k item for 30k a few times just to raise the average price.

Also maybe consider adding the seller names/prices in plain text Wiki-style underneath the charts for quick glances without having to hover over each dot.

Either way, it looks good, nice work.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:49 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you aren't already doing it, consider excluding prices X percentage from the average price to prevent filthy ec resellers from easily manipulating it.
This is a really good foundation for an idea. My only thought is "what if the first pool of data is already a gouged price?" For example, the price on a pre-nerf CoS has been solidly 10-13k for years now. Meanwhile, during that time, gougers had been hording this item and, once they had each collected 20-30 of them, they then began spamming auctions and forum posts for 20-25k+. So, if this tool is going to begin collecting data now, it's going to start from that already gouged price and anyone trying to sell it for a reasonable price would be excluded.

Another issue - what happens after next patch when some items have their stats changed and the price should justifiably increase dramatically? For example, Narandi's Lance is going from 38/45 to 44/45 and the price will definitely be jumping up a lot. If the price tracker doesn't allow for large jumps in price, it won't reflect the value of the new and improved version.

In short, while I like your idea to help fight price gouging, I'm not sure this approach is practical for that purpose and actually may negatively impact its ability to showcase true item values after the next, albeit final, patch.

Another idea is to include WTB prices in the tracker. I've always found the most reliable method to figuring out an item value is to go through forum threads and compare WTS/WTB prices. Then find the midpoint and that's your value (sometimes this isn't reliable, as there are always exceptions in this insane economy). It's probably a good idea to list WTS/WTB prices in separate tables though, rather than averaging them because this could lead to people trying to spam low prices to bring the price down (same problem as price gougers).

Anyway, good on you for trying to do something for the community and I hope it continues to grow and becomes a stronger tool. I agree, the best difference a new tool could showcase would be a method to thwart price gougers.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

you are supposed to seed data

every thing just returns
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

wait a few weeks and then announce a product that actually works or everyone will forget about it.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you are supposed to seed data

every thing just returns

wait a few weeks and then announce a product that actually works or everyone will forget about it.
There should be data going back about three months. I'm curious what items you are searching for that should have data.

To answer some of the other questions:

I have thought of the price gouging issue quite a bit and I am doing my best to eliminate outrageous prices from the tracker. I won't go into further details on how this filtering works.

The app is built using the MEAN stack. Angular seems a lot better than react.

Thank you for your input so far. I'll consider putting in the most recent auctions for a quick glance for those that are mobile or don't want to hover over the dots. I like that idea.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:35 AM
Orc

I really like the look of the site. Great work! Some suggestions. I would make the search box opaque once an item has been queried. Though the background image is sexy AF with it showing within the search field it can be kind of hard to read the info. Also, I'm not sure how difficult this would be but the best part of p99auctions site imo was being able to see a live seller. Back when p99auctions was around I would put it up on my second monitor and periodically refresh when I was looking for something in particular. As soon as someone was offering it I would send a tell. It was great because you could tunnel quest w/o having to sit in EC all day.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewboy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The app is built using the MEAN stack. Angular seems a lot better than react.

But seriously, when your website is ready for prime time you really should "advertise" it somewhere else like the general forum or /r/project1999 on Reddit. Lots of people who read those forums don't read the auction forum.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:57 PM
Kobold

Wow. Great looking site and works very well so far. Honestly about time someone made a decent one. Good work.
Closed Thread