Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 04:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfina [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have never played everquest but my ex boyfriend played it and I secretly want to play now that we broke up...

<3 Alfina
LOL
Old 08-21-2018, 05:57 PM
Kobold

I have never had more fun, challenging, and exciting experiences than as an enchanter.
Old 08-21-2018, 05:59 PM
Banned

FLY you fool
Old 08-21-2018, 06:13 PM
Banned

First character play a mage. Try to group as much as possible and check out the roles other classes play and then decide.

The upside to this is mages are a basic class. Send pet, reclaim pet, send pet and so on. If you decide monks look cool, you can strip the mage to gear the monk. Then use the naked mage to farm plat(hill giants, guards, ancient cyclops ect.).
Old 08-21-2018, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

Halfling Druid was my first character. Have played exclusively, without regret or any alts, since January 2017. Not bored yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Teleport all over world while running fast, charming, quadding, root rotting, tanking, pulling, healing, looking dapper as heck doing it. Power ceiling basically non-existent: with enough gear, jack of all trades grows to master of all trades. Halfling funnest race to look at, racial sneak/hide provide major QOL benefit.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Been said, but objectively a Druid and a Magician are both good starting characters [both for different reasons, but still.]

My first character back in 1999 was a Magician and I've had one at every stop ever since.
Old 08-21-2018, 08:33 PM
Fire Giant

Disagree with druid. The problem with druids is that while they have a lot of useful tool in their toolbox, they actually have too many for a new player who doesn't understand how they should use those tools to compliment the other players in their group. Druids are easy to play, but difficult to play well/effectively. They're kind of a jack of all trades in that they get buffs, can dps, and can heal, and which of those they should focus on largely depends on the group they're with.

Cleric is a much better option. So is mage. DPS melees are pretty straight forward (non-pulling monk, rogue). Ranger is a pretty solid new player class as well. All these classes are pretty straight forward and won't put a new player in a position where they're duplicating the efforts of another class in their group, and will give them time to figure out how other classes fit into groups.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Fire Giant

@Loke I don't know...a ranger is kinda up there with a druid, in terms of being a little more complicated to play well. I totally agree with you on mage, cleric, and possibly rogue.
Old 08-22-2018, 03:31 AM
Planar Protector

Druid is a good learning character. It is more complicated than rogue is, for sure...but it will give you a very good introduction to most of the game mechanics as you learn to play.

Healing, direct damage, dots, root/snare, animal charm, ports, sow, track, solo play, group play etc.

You'll also be able to make decent plat just playing your druid to buy level appropriate gear and start a decent twink.
Closed Thread