Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Most AM posters have it in their sig because why keep your Lambo in the garage where nobody can see it?
Old 03-22-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Exclusiveness, I left that word out in the 2nd paragraph
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-22-2019, 01:41 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomsen0312 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A. Classic was not rotated very often in my experience on brell, they were DPS races which are even more favorable for the zergs (which I am not a part of)
Same on Lanys T'Vyll. We had a very active, and very well used calendar system, but it was only for the raid mobs that weren't at the top end (old world planes, non-VP Kunark mobs, etc.)

Here is a month of that calendar, courtesy of the wayback machine, Circa Feb 2001. Note there are no mobs on it higher than maybe Innoruuk. (It's also just kind of a cool piece of history!)
Old 03-22-2019, 01:44 PM
Kobold

Helps if I include the link:

https://web.archive.org/web/20010203.../lanyscalendar
Old 03-22-2019, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normally I don't make real arguments in RNF but I'd like to just shine a little light.

So the idea of rotations is stupid to me because then, why do I care about playing a game where I can afk for 6 months and just show up when it's my turn to open the chest?
Exactly this
Old 03-22-2019, 02:10 PM
Sarnak

skimmed thru it real quick

cliffs of wall of text: I didn't get loot.. GM's do yer jerb better... so I can get loot.

only thing spot on : I don’t care what the rules are. Or even if there are none. Your box. Your call. I can choose to log in or not.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Normally I dont make real arguements in RNF but I'd like to just shine alittle light.

Some people enjoy the competition , I think most dont but what a competitive raid scene allows for is one thing which is the real reason why I think most people dont rotations (including myself tbh).

Now that sounds bad and selfish whatever right ? Well when I think about rotations what comes to mind is that now it's basically just a dice roll on who is gunna get the elite shiny loot from ToV. For instance, maybe Guild A gets a hobarts and ranger sword , but then a couple months later Guild F gets Vulaks Robe, Koi tridents , cloak of thorns whatever. Good loot from x dragons. When there is no longer any hands to be played in who gets the loot, it kinda just devolves into a scenario where theres nothing to progress for and theres not much satisfaction to be gained.

Sure exclusivness isnt a great premise to base your fun off of but let's be honest, if you're in a high end raiding guild / ToV raiding guild, you signed up for pixels. Yeah you meet some cool people but I would wager you dont want to sit in tov for 16 hrs if you take the gamble of getting loot away.

I've raided on this server for a long time now and despite at being a high contributing member in both of my 2 previous guilds, I have never and still to this day do not enjoy the nonsense that goes on in tov and the raid scene in general. But you know what, it's the only way to progress my character and progressing my character is what I find satisfying about this game.

So the idea of rotations is stupid to me because then, why do I care about playing a game where I can afk for 6 months and just show up when it's my turn to open the chest ?

Sort of a bored work downtime rambling but I feel like people avoid this reality or maybe I'm simply alone in this opinion. Who knows, doesnt really matter, tis a game
So basically, things suck but let's just accept that they can never be any better? I don't agree.

And specifically this part is an incredibly dishonest argument:
Quote:
Well when I think about rotations what comes to mind is that now it's basically just a dice roll on who is gunna get the elite shiny loot from ToV.
Rotations are not hand outs unless you believe that whole "playing the game of EverQuest" part of things (you know, the gathering a group of people, organizing them into a raid force, coming up with tactics and implementing them to actually kill dragons) is superfluous. And if you do truly believe that then literally everything in the game is a "hand out".

Rotations have NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING to do with hand outs. What they do is give a much bigger percentage of the server access to raid targets they would not otherwise have. And yes, that means the targets have to come from somewhere, and that would mean less for the top guild.

Let's have a debate about that, about whether P99 is better off with lots of people getting to experience lots of content, or whether it's better to have "competition" which keeps all that content in a much smaller percentage of the players hands. Let's have that honest debate, instead of falsely equating rotations to hand outs.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-22-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Translation: Please instance raid zones
Old 03-22-2019, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

jfc nerds
Old 03-22-2019, 02:37 PM
Planar Protector

Staff is doing their job of letting it be FFA. If its not obvious to the 8 Omni then I dont think they will ever get it.

Literally been 0 threads of TOV issues since staff removed themselves from the Equation.

Welcome to the new 2019 Raid Scene Omni, you have to work for your pixels, GFL

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Closed Thread