Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2019, 09:48 AM
Large Rat

Default having trouble getting up and running

I've been playing p99 off and on since 2010, and on my latest re-installation of the game, I'm encountering weird errors I've never seen before.

Launch Titanium.bat seems unable to find the folder that I installed Titanium into, by default. It says, "Windows cannot find 'eqgame'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." It shows a command prompt where it's trying to execute in C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder.

I edited the shortcut in the .bat file to point to the exact path of the file in my installation folder:

start C:\EQEmu\eqgame.exe patchme

This seems to allow the destination to be found, but rather than loading, it just produces the error message, "Please delete wsock32.dll and eqgame.dll from your EverQuest Titanium directory."

As it turns out, neither of these files were in my Titanium directory in the first place. Furthermore, eqgame.dll isn't on my computer at all, in any directory, and I have a live EQ installation that I use on a regular basis that doesn't have it, either, so I don't know what that's about...

However, wsock32.dll exists in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder. That's part of the OS and I'm not planning to delete that, so I'm left a bit stuck...

I literally just installed and patched, so I don't know if I would stand to benefit at all from reinstalling, but I guess I could try that again. I've never encountered these errors before, though, so it leads me to believe that something else is amiss here.

Any suggestions?

I'm running Windows 10. Tried running with all files in both regular mode and Compatibility Mode for Windows XP SP3, which is what I've always used in the past.

Thanks for your help!