Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I believe it has always been like that. You can train in it, but it will not level up until your class can actually use it.
oh.. well, I guess pour out a 40oz for my lost training point.

Funny how some things are just that deep seated errors in game; like Bards starting with a Taunt + Bash hotkey. /shrug
Old 10-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The beta before the 2009 launch was kinda pathetic too. In fact, out of all of the classic WoW servers I played on for the past ten plus years the beta was pathetic too.

When you ask people to actually use their own time to find bugs, with no reward in the end outside of actually helping the community, most people do not partake. That is why I am amazed at how ungrateful some of this population is towards the developers of this server. It has been around for over ten years and they still try to make changes to keep it classic and stay on track with the original vision/mission!

That is a rare thing indeed!
Its because many players don't consider themselves volunteers, instead service users.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaramis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I logged on for a few hours last night just to see what I was getting into.

Played a few classes to test out the UI, newb zones, etc.

As others have mentioned, we all know what we're getting in to. We just wanted to see how things were going to play with Classic ruleset so we can better plan our characters.
I did similar, looked at the impact of starting stats at low level* and checked out for a few quests to ensure classic.

*warrior: min stamina (75) and max (150) is the difference between 32 and 38 hp. Min str (75 again iirc) and max str (150) was 22 to 90 attack. Min (75) vs max agi (100?) was 10 vs 13 ac.

Strength a clear winner at early levels. As expansions roll put the differences between starting stats narrow further so no need to worry about high level consequences.
Old 10-14-2019, 07:52 AM
Banned

Hard cringe at OP
Old 10-14-2019, 08:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I did similar, looked at the impact of starting stats at low level* and checked out for a few quests to ensure classic.

*warrior: min stamina (75) and max (150) is the difference between 32 and 38 hp. Min str (75 again iirc) and max str (150) was 22 to 90 attack. Min (75) vs max agi (100?) was 10 vs 13 ac.

Strength a clear winner at early levels. As expansions roll put the differences between starting stats narrow further so no need to worry about high level consequences.
That strength gap lasts forever I remember being genuinely disturbed about how hard hitting ogres were including shamans vs my ranger all through the mid levels.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 10-14-2019, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

It's a beta to find bugs etc. Most have already been worked out on blue. For me personally, I didn't play until December 1999 so I'm not sure how much use I would be trying to find things particular to the launch era. I will log on later this week when I have time though, but I think it's pretty obvious that a beta pop won't come close to matching the launch pop. 200 on a beta actually seems pretty good.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanuvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the beta pop is kinda pathetic
Is it? 3-5% of green's likely peak player counts on the test server is low? Do you think wow had 400,000 people beta testing an expansion 24/7 back when it was getting 12 million peak concurrent users? Lol.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

I actually hope it IS much less than the projections on release day. Not sure this population indicates that but I guess we are about to find out soon enough.
Old 10-14-2019, 09:40 AM
Banned

A huge pop in classic isn’t fun btw
Old 10-14-2019, 09:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotton05 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A huge pop in classic isn’t fun btw
^^
Closed Thread