Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 03:01 PM
Aviak

I'd dump the Monk and get a Wizard myself, but I played a Wizard pretty hard in Live so am partial to the class.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan50 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just curious Vellatri, why bard for this particular group?
Jerok88 pretty much said it: tons and tons of utility. (including tracking) Yes, some things are redundant, but all of your options have some redundancy.

Druid also seems like a nice complement, to be honest. Evac, tracking, speed, etc.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Kobold

Wizards in fast paced groups get turned into master looters bc they're always oom.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:21 PM
Fire Giant

lol @ wizard. If there's a class that doesn't belong in a steady group, it's wizard.

The real answer is: whatever they are going to play for more than a few levels. Your group is already filled out and you could take pretty much any class. (except wizard)

I would suggest shaman or druid, since your group doesn't have sow or selo's. Ports are also handy, especially so since you have melee classes who can't gate.
Last edited by Arclyte; 01-08-2013 at 05:23 PM..
Old 01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karafa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another rogue or a shaman.
Old 01-08-2013, 08:29 PM
Orc

Ranger of course
Old 01-08-2013, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Bards are very, very good. Having played one, my ultimate xp group is Bard/Monk/Enc/Enc/Enc/Shm.
in words of anal fingers, just a filthy spaniard
Old 01-09-2013, 11:41 AM
Kobold

It depends where you are hunting.
If a dungeon with runners then snare is mandatory, so either a necro,druid or bard. I'd be favouring the bard. (of course evacs and ports are always nice)
If outside you will almost certainly need sow for your puller so probably a shaman.
The other option would be a bard, but I think a shaman would be better. (since bard puller largely defeats the purpose of having a bard)
Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladesch [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If a dungeon with runners then snare is mandatory, so either a necro,druid or bard.
The shadowknight can do this, though I'll admit it might be best to have someone other than the tank on snare duty in hectic situations. Rangers also can, and don't wizards get some sort of snare too?
Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards are very, very good. Having played one, my ultimate xp group is Bard/Monk/Enc/Enc/Enc/Shm.
My only issue with this is the non-knight tank (monk). But I guess if I'm using eyeball or a DoT to aggro, it won't be so hard for the monk to steal aggro while I go pull another mob.

As long as you can reliably use lull (so against everything except belly casters like fire giants), bards are better pullers than monks. Bards are great for chain pulling and added mana regen.

3 ENCs are the DPS and CC for the group. The sham is the healer, and the monk is tanking. That group will TEAR through non-raid mobs due to how fast charm will kill things.

But by the time you consider 2+ enchanters, you should honestly refocus towards AE groups. Then its enc/enc/wiz/wiz/puller(bard)/cleric. That group will earn vastly more exp per hour than your group with 3 enchanters, but utilizing completely different mechanics.
Closed Thread