Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 08:59 AM
Fire Giant

Default One solution to merge blue and red

Since red is low population, transfer the server to blue, have them tagged with pvp aka priest of discord book automatically turned in upon transfer.
This will allow for blue players to consider playing red and vise versa. That way aftermath and awakened can go red for raids too hah.
And with the extra server they can make the next upcoming server.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

I support this
Old 06-29-2016, 09:32 AM
Orc

Funny, I was thinking exact same thing last few days. I have moved from Red99 to Blue99, hate to see all my time over there "wasted" with a server that is essentially dead.

I think the problem you will run into is that people like me on Red that have moved to Blue there will be some assistance needed by the staff to help us "merge" our accounts.

Two possible ways to approach this.

1.) Allow only about two characters to be merged into Blue (must be tagged with Discord)
2.) If the owner has characters on two accounts they must choose which set of characters to keep in its entirety for merging.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:37 AM
Sarnak

Hopefully they would announce this beforehand, so I can go run a few more characters to 60 with the 600% exp bonus, plus gear out those toons will all the free loot that red gets, since nobody really plays there.

And than transfer it all back to blue. win!
Old 06-29-2016, 09:40 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hopefully they would announce this beforehand, so I can go run a few more characters to 60 with the 600% exp bonus, plus gear out those toons will all the free loot that red gets, since nobody really plays there.

And than transfer it all back to blue. win!
And this is probably the best reason to only allow one or two characters to transfer over max instead of a whole account move from Red to Blue. Basically your advantage of additional EXP is somewhat negated since you can only move one or two characters.

Plus, try leveling on a PvP server with little population and you will get the sense that the additional EXP isn't really all that big of an advantage. Even when you would get groups they would normally get wrecked. Also, camp spawns weren't protected like it is on rule lawyering blue. Only the strong survive.

Edit: Grammar and spelling.
Last edited by jtlightner; 06-29-2016 at 10:04 AM..
Old 06-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

I don't know about merging the whole Red user base, but... allowing a one-way transfer from Red to Blue would certainly make sense.

The Exp bonus on Red isn't really a factor because, remember, no Chardok AE'ing on Red, and it's not like you can waltz to your favorite exp zone and expect to find a group most of the time.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:18 AM
Planar Protector

Who cares though? It's not like you win the game because you have the most platinum. IMO you win the game if you have the most fun.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:22 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That reads as "I have items stored to sell later and don't want to see their value reduced"
I will not be rich on Blue even if I transfer two characters over Swish. I started in "September 2015" when this forum account says I joined. I have roughly 15K plat, and about 20K plat of gear on my main. Some people might be filthy rich coming over, not I good sir.
Old 06-29-2016, 10:30 AM
Banned

please let me merge my red toons to blue

reds ded
Old 06-29-2016, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

If that ever happens, make red manastones no drop then
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Closed Thread