Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 01:14 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What guards are we talking about here? Asking for a friend.
A mix of Troll and Barbarian guards. Troll is better but a bit more active. Barbs are pretty mindless but slow. Can also do parts of neriak like foreign quarter but that is tough with fear pathing sometimes.
Old 04-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

You can just drum dot nobles in HHK or fear kite dyrna til 56. Mindless easy exp as you say.
Old 04-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallicker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can just drum dot nobles in HHK or fear kite dyrna til 56. Mindless easy exp as you say.
Cool! I'll check em out. I just liked the slow and steady aspect of a Bards fear kite. If shit hits the fan during a fear kite its pretty easy to get it back on track. If shit hits the fan during a charm, it can be a bit more of an issue. Sometimes I play on my laptop on the couch while I am with my wife or kids and am only paying a bit of attention. Other times I am in my own world and 100% of my attention is on the game. It is all situational and I just like to have my options open. Thank you for all of your replies @Wallicker
Old 04-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! I'll check em out. I just liked the slow and steady aspect of a Bards fear kite. If shit hits the fan during a fear kite its pretty easy to get it back on track. If shit hits the fan during a charm, it can be a bit more of an issue. Sometimes I play on my laptop on the couch while I am with my wife or kids and am only paying a bit of attention. Other times I am in my own world and 100% of my attention is on the game. It is all situational and I just like to have my options open. Thank you for all of your replies @Wallicker
Bard fear kiting sucks after 40 thanks to Verant not making it a ranged song.

Just play your SK bruh.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:59 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bard fear kiting sucks after 40 thanks to Verant not making it a ranged song.

Just play your SK bruh.
Haha - Noted. Ranged single target fear would be amazing for bard. I noticed we get another fear at 56 that also increases the targets run speed - is this song viable for fear kiting when mobs are snared or does the speed increase completely negate it? Not sure the purpose of this song haha.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Song_of_Midnight
Old 04-11-2019, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXG [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha - Noted. Ranged single target fear would be amazing for bard. I noticed we get another fear at 56 that also increases the targets run speed - is this song viable for fear kiting when mobs are snared or does the speed increase completely negate it? Not sure the purpose of this song haha.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Song_of_Midnight
I don’t have a 56 bard but based on the wiki I’d say the song is nice because it adds dot dmg. However it can only be used at night so that kinda sucks. Also given bards snare is way better than any other class, I still see this as a viable fear option depending on the space available.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t have a 56 bard but based on the wiki I’d say the song is nice because it adds dot dmg. However it can only be used at night so that kinda sucks. Also given bards snare is way better than any other class, I still see this as a viable fear option depending on the space available.
Cool - I figured it would be since you don't need to "chase" the mob as much with drum dots as you would with melee. Still a couple levels away but I'll do some testing.... eventually.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Cool - I figured it would be since you don't need to "chase" the mob as much with drum dots as you would with melee. Still a couple levels away but I'll do some testing.... eventually.
Still says this is pb ae. You will still have to chase the mob
Old 04-11-2019, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Still says this is pb ae. You will still have to chase the mob
Right - I was more asking if the increase in speed made it difficult or if they can still ping pong around an area. Still better than an SK or Ranger fear kiting and having to time swings/spacing
Old 04-11-2019, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

By the time you can use song of midnight, selo's chain does something like 85% snare which is more than enough to mitigate any NPC movespeed enhancement.
Closed Thread