Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 04:31 PM
Large Rat

Default Prexus Lore?

I'm pretty new to EQ but I recently rolled an Erudite magician who worships Prexus (just because the deities are cool but because Quellious seems pretty bland). Because lore-related stuff and some level of roleplay is a thing I'm a big fan of, does anyone have any info related to Prexus and Prexus worship to share for a newbie?

For instance, there's a quest in Erudin to convert Qeynos fishermen to Prexus by having them snap their fishing poles. Is fishing frowned upon by Prexus?

This is hopelessly nerdy, I know, but I'm interested.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:20 PM
Large Bat

The Oceanlord

Followers of Prexus believe true power lies in the vast depths of Norrath's oceans. They believe that eons ago, life first formed in the murky deep and that one day the oceans shall rise again to consume those that are unworthy and embrace the faithful. The Oceanlord's servants tend to live and work near, on, or beneath large bodies of water. They seek to spread the word of Prexus to all who will hear and defend the oceans and seas of Norrath against any who would cause harm to them. Many sailors and fishermen are followers of Prexus.

from the P1999 wiki (link on P1999 Home Page)

Prexus' followers believe in the raw power of the world's oceans. They do not worship the element of water specifically, but it is their belief that life originated in the sea and it will consume those who do not respect it. The Oceanlord's devotees almost always live in cities or towns on the coasts of the world. Prexus is not a commonly worshipped god, but he has many faithful sailors and fishermen. The Erudites have erected a church in Erudin to his worship, and young Clerics and Paladins train there. And Bards sometimes devote themselves to singing paeans to the sea.

from the FANDOM Everquest wiki
Old 07-17-2019, 08:00 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty new to EQ but I recently rolled an Erudite magician who worships Prexus (just because the deities are cool but because Quellious seems pretty bland). Because lore-related stuff and some level of roleplay is a thing I'm a big fan of, does anyone have any info related to Prexus and Prexus worship to share for a newbie?

For instance, there's a quest in Erudin to convert Qeynos fishermen to Prexus by having them snap their fishing poles. Is fishing frowned upon by Prexus?

There's not much in the wiki other than this entry. Allakhazam adds this little bit:

"During the Elder Age, Prexus created a race called the Kedge, hearty aquatic beings of great mental power and stamina, as part of the gods' plan to watch over the dominance of Dragonkind.

The last known action of Prexus on the world of Norrath was to punish the inhabitants of the city of Katta Castrum, who was so angered at the experiments the Combine performed on his Kedge that he sank the city beneath the waves of the buried sea."

All I know is, the guy appears to have a twelve-pack. Don't mess with anyone that has a twelve pack.
Old 07-17-2019, 08:26 PM
Fire Giant

Prexus came to Norrath during the Age of Scale along with Tunare. They both met with Brell Serilis, forming a pact to divide the world of Norrath among themselves, create life, and therefore keep Veeshan's power in check. Prexus claimed the oceans of the world and set forth creating various aquatic creatures including the highly intelligent race known as the Kedge.

During the Age of Turmoil, a church was built in Erudin for clerics and paladins to pray to their lord. The almost extinct race of the Kedge were the most devout follower of Prexus before the catastrophe caused by Phinigel Autropos. Though the Kedge were thought to be extinct after this catastrophe, a small colony was preserved by the Combine Loyalists in the Buried Sea. Although they saved the Kedge, and several other races, from extinction, the Combine Loyalists performed various experiments on the endangered race. This brought the wrath of Prexus upon the floating city of Katta Castrum. The Oceanlord created a massive whirlpool that sank the city to the sea floor. This was the last time Prexus' influence was witnessed within the world of Norrath.

Followers

Prexus' followers believe in the raw power of the world's oceans. They do not worship the element of water specifically, but it is their belief that life originated in the sea and it will consume those who do not respect it. The Oceanlord's devotees almost always live in cities or towns on the coasts of the world. Prexus is not a commonly worshiped god, but he has many faithful sailors and fishermen.

Appearance

In most lore, Prexus is depicted as a powerful merman with a sharp fin running across the top of his head. He often wields a jagged shield in his left hand and a thick dagger in his right.

https://www.giantbomb.com/prexus/3005-13720/
Old 07-17-2019, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

May your ocean voyages be plagued with many victories and profound epiphanies of the ocean dwellers dominance of the norrathian races who hobble to the grass and hovels of the land
Old 07-17-2019, 10:43 PM
Banned

in the wiz epic, phinigel autropos, last knight of the kedge, captured a flying wizard who had a staff. that's why he drops the blue crystal staff.

so i guess he had a net or something
Old 07-17-2019, 10:54 PM
Kobold

I think the cleric epic quest touches on Prexus a little bit too
Old 07-18-2019, 07:30 AM
Sarnak

Phinigel's backbone apparently makes a pretty wicked lute... (bard epic)
Old 07-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Planar Protector

Paging Expediency; praise Prexus!

-Mcoy
Old 07-18-2019, 11:56 AM
Banned

references to deep water, aquatic lifeforms (sharks, octopus), a guardian of Kedge Keep (or the top Predator of it) The water pet is your preferred one, you always have the quest cup in hand. Ship rides are a sacred journey. Underwater enduring breath items are the first thing you collect (or summon) to be more in tune with Prexus. You keep a fish scale in one of your bags to remind you.

you only eat fish rolls like iksars eat earthworm munch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sororos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
+5 forums points to OP.

It adds flavor to an otherwise min/maxed loot game. A good portion of the original EQ players were also table top RPG players. If someone gives you grief about your RP then feed them to the Swirlspines.

Quote:
Timeless sea breezes,
sea-wind of the night:
you come for no one;
if someone should wake,
he must be prepared
how to survive you.

-Prexus guides your journies
Last edited by Mblake81; 07-18-2019 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: flavor
Closed Thread