Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
Kobold

Arrow EQ experience calculation tool

Being a programmer, I was getting kinda tired of manually crunching the numbers for how much my XP split was when in groups.

I wrote a quickie tool (not my best work but it does the job) in Java for myself, and thought maybe others could benefit from it.

I've attached it and the source (NetBeans project) to this post. Any feedback for bugs, comments, criticism, etc is welcome on this post or to my character in-game, Khayn. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Attached Files
File Type: zip eq_exp_calc.zip (15.6 KB, 479 views)
File Type: zip eq_exp_calc_src.zip (27.7 KB, 64 views)
Old 01-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Bah I was writing this last night! Oh, well, guess i'll just use yours [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

Not to sound like an ass, but seriously? You actually caculated what your exp split was in groups and did it so often that you had to write a program for it? For a 13 year old game?

I am simply astounded as worrying about my split of group exp never once crossed my mind in 13 years of playing this game or any others.

To each their own though I suppose.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscottdai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to sound like an ass, but seriously? You actually caculated what your exp split was in groups and did it so often that you had to write a program for it? For a 13 year old game?

I am simply astounded as worrying about my split of group exp never once crossed my mind in 13 years of playing this game or any others.

Some of us just like numbers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Aye, why I said to each their own - just seemed a bit extreme to me [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2013, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Usually I don't care, if I'm getting a little less than an equal split. However, the other night I was in a group where my split was considerably weakened to the point where the xp was barely coming in.

Writing a tool is a really good way to study a concept and provide a useful output as the result. At this point, I pretty much know all the modifiers for each race/class, but it's still annoying to calculate it all.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM
Aviak

Default Numbers

Wow, I punched in my group compliment last night and I was only getting 10% [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-23-2013, 04:24 PM
Kobold

Yeah that's pretty low, though keep in mind that it's relative to a balanced split (16.7% for 6 people), so if your party was full, you were getting ~60% of what you would in balanced group.

Sometimes it can work out, if your particular group is plowing through mobs.

I also thought about adding a built-in look-up of the zone experience modifier, but the wiki page isn't too bad to use.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:25 PM
Aviak

can you make a gearscore app and force everyone to have a certain number of points to get fucked over by high end raiding guild elitism? Thanks!

(hoping this XP program doesn't become popular and people start benching rangers more)

Sidenote to others, Netbeans is an awesome free IDE, go use it for java development.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pscottdai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Trust me, bored programmers write some crazy shit.
Closed Thread