Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 02:22 AM
Large Bat

Default Two Accounts One IP

According to Project 1999's server rules, two accounts cannot be run simultaneously under the same IP. However, I have read conflicting stories regarding this. Therefore, I would like to know if two accounts under the same IP are permitted or not? If not, is there a way to get an exemption, so that two people under the same roof can play on the server together? If there is, how does one go about applying for said exemption? Thanks.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:23 AM
Kobold

You have to petition for exemption and then wait for confirmation - there's a petition section further down
Old 11-14-2017, 11:20 AM
Sarnak

P99 welcomes friend/family under the same roof to play on the server. In order to maintain integrity of the server (I️.e. preventing “two boxing”) a petition must be submitted on the petition forum requesting an IP excemption. There is certain information required to be included in the petition so make sure you read all stickied threads in the petition forum.

Once you have made the petition with ALL required information, simply wait until your request has been approved. Our server runs on volunteer staff so it can sometimes take a while. Be patient. It normally takes from 2-6 weeks.

Most importantly, do not abuse the exemption. When (not if) you are caught, your account is gone and you would have to start over if you wish to continue being part of our community.

Good luck and have fun. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2017, 01:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellringer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most importantly, do not abuse the exemption. When (not if) you are caught, your account is gone and you would have to start over if you wish to continue being part of our community.
I've never seen a perm ban for multiboxing. You lose your exemption and maybe eat a ban for a couple weeks.

That being said, wish they did perm ban over boxing.

Edit: Guess I've only known about people losing their exemption, I'm not sure what the max punishment is for boxing w/o exemption.

~Urrsa -60 Ogre Shaman-
~Gream -60 Dark Elf Cleric-
~Greame -60 Halfling Druid-
~Oppa -41 Dark Elf Enchanter-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar View Post
boxers are responsible for ruining EQ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
Rogean sits on his ivory throne and casts lightning bolts at anyone that disagrees with him or goes against the grain.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:54 PM
VIP / Contributor

Welcome to p99! For nearly a year now I have done IP exempts every 2 weeks (roughly). Submit a forum petition and I will review it.

Cylock the Halfing Slayer
Old 11-14-2017, 02:16 PM
Banned

You can have as many accounts as to wish, but you can only play one at a time without an IP exemption.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:28 PM
Fire Giant

Everquest (at least 'classic' everquest) is one of the only MMOs with the need of socializing being a core mechanic of the game, with most classes needing other classes to play; bind affinity, port, rez, invis, merchant for you in a kos zone, etc. There is always a time where you need another player to help you. Allowing boxing makes that mechanic obsolete. Whether or not it is a bad thing is debatable, but P99 has chosen to be on the no-box side of the debate, and this has to be true for everyone. Many other servers allow boxing if that's what you're looking for.
Old 11-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Many other servers allow boxing if that's what you're looking for.
Nah bra just askin' and making jokes

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Old 11-17-2017, 05:50 PM
Fire Giant

that was a general 'you', and also not pejorative, i'm no witch hunters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-18-2017, 04:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
that was a general 'you', and also not pejorative, i'm no witch hunters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just found it funny, after wondering about what boxing could be and how it affected EQ, that it is banned "to keep people social".

I understand the above though ^^^^

Bazlekar - 30 [Dark Elf SHD]
Closed Thread