Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

Default Cleric PVP?

Anyone have any tips? I'm not quite sure how to effectively pull off a 1v1 as a cleric. From what I understand so far, the idea is to try to outlast your opponent until they finally burn out a la the Homer Simpson method. That sounds like a dumb strat and I was wondering if anyone has any pointers?
Old 11-07-2013, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

bump...

From what I've seen its exactly that, just keep healing til they run dry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Not played a cleric on red to be able to give any pointers, but some searching of old cleric pvp posts (circa 1999-2000) on various forums might find you some answers. Certainly helped me with enchanter tips [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Some good pointers here.
Cleric PVP Thread
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 11-09-2013, 03:05 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Clerics in PvP; almost impossible to kill and almost impossible for them to kill anyone else. Its EQ and was never designed for 1v1.

Best hint: get a group!
Old 11-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

I remember pvping clerics when I played my wiz back in the day on VZ and it usually came down to me eventually bored, oom, low on health, and needing to gate. I also remember some really well geared clerics able to mess around against full groups (of lower lvl, less geared of course)

(strategy against casters) Don't underestimate your melee, it adds up and costs no mana. Just keep yourself healed, DA if you need, and joust and melee. At low levels can toss a blind or root in there (though maybe at high lvls too since I hear resists are different here). Don't nuke most of the time, save mana for heals.
You aren't gonna kill many people but you're not going to die either (half the fun of pvp is surviving tough fights).
Last edited by Velerin; 11-09-2013 at 05:41 PM..
Old 11-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clerics in PvP; almost impossible to kill and almost impossible for them to kill anyone else. Its EQ and was never designed for 1v1.

Best hint: get a group!
Closed Thread