Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 AM
Fire Giant

i'm pretty sure a full set of merchant leather armor is around 15-20pp for the set, not 1.5pp hehe. the biggest parts (tunic, leggings...) are about 2pp each.

vendor bought generic scimitar http://wiki.project1999.com/Scimitar will cost around 6pp, same for 1HB or 2HB alternatives.

medicine bags are 1pp each, you can indeed buy them in south kaladim, at redfist's metal (although the vendor carries only 2 or so at a times).

this is an awesome guide Shrub! I hope the single new p99 player we'll get in 2018 will read it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2018, 11:48 AM
Planar Protector

Default Level 2-4

Levels 2-4

Step 1: put on your hater shades, because there's gonna be naysayers, apparently.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Congratulations, now that you've blocked out all the haters, it's time to continue leveling your cute lil' druid butt!

Run from Greater Faydark to Butcherblock Mountains, and slay any goblin whelps or decaying skellingtons you may see on the way. When you reach the newbie yard out in front of Kaladim, if it is empty, you can spend a half a level or even stay here until level 3, killing whelps and goblins. Play it safe to avoid a corpse run.

After you are level 2.5 or even 3, it's time to go wait on the boat, because we are poor and even though you could probably beg a druid to come and port you, a whisper from a level 2 wood elf druid asking for a port from Butcherblock Mountains to West Commonlands is basic as heck and will give any druid a big rubbery one. Go and sit at the docks and wait for the boat to Freeport, I suggest having your smart phone nearby IRL to distract yourself, less you go insane.

A short while later...

Ahhh, glorious Freeport! The first thing to do here is to run to East Commons and beg for a buff. Any HP buff will do, the main thing is we really do not want to die here and have another long boat ride. Once you have garnished yourself with some actual hit points, zone back into West Freeport and begin slaying every Orc Pawn, decaying skellington, and fire beetle in sight!

Die, die, die like the motherless gnoll you are!

Loot. Every. Thing. The rusty weapons sell for gold, or if you're going to take up blacksmithing, save them to be sharpened later for skilling up blacksmithing. Even the fire beetle legs will sell for a few silver, and we're an aspiring young druid with an empty pocket. In particular, SAVE:
  1. Fire Beetle Eyes
  2. Boner Chips
  3. Orc Pawn picks

Stockpile the fire beetle eyes. We need one for ourself for our very first Damage over Time spell, Flame Lick. The rest we are going to make a gotdamn killing off of when we return home to Faydwer, which is devoid of any and all fire beetles. $$$

Before long, you should be level 3!

Awwwwwww yissssssss

Continue killing everything in sight, and making trips to the vendor appropriately. I enjoy dealing with the Freeport Monk guild, they are friendly there, give good prices for my items, and more importantly: sell backpacks. Once you have the funds, buy a backpack and eventually you want to have three.
Once we have looted (4) orc pawn picks, it's time to visit our friend Guard Valon. He is in West Commonlands at the toll booth. Don't give him any money though, he's a phony. On your way to West Commons, stop by the E.C. tunnel and if you are lucky, a friendly ogre will give you the QuickFeets. Some call it Spirit of Wolf, but that is basic.

Look at this lazy turd.

Wooooooooooooooooooooo

Give Guard Valon 4 of your orc pawn picks, he will reward you with about 1 gold because he is on a soldier's stipend and is severely underpaid; more importantly, though, he'll give you about 12 percent experience (at level 3). Return to West Freeport and continue slaying more pawns, beetles, and skellingtons.

As you get further into level 3, keep an eye on your experience bar. If you are looting enough orc pawn picks to ding into level 4, then do the math, 4 picks = about 12 percent exp. Wait until you are at least level 4, or if you have 4 or 8 picks, wait until you are either 75% into the level or 88% into the level (respectively).

I was only able to put together another 4 orc pawn picks before I was 93% into my level. Once you have enough pawn picks to definitely ding into 4, or you are actually level 4, it's time to run to North Freeport and do some banking. EMPTY YOUR ENTIRE INVENTORY INCLUDING COIN, except for the pawn picks if you have any to turn in. Once you have done this, kiss the banker goodbye cuz you're about to take a free Translocate to Bind. Side note, if you have been vendoring as aggressively as me, you'll have around 6-10pp, and can easily afford our next set of spells.
Once you have emptied your inventory, make one last run to West Commonlands. Hand in any orc pawn picks and ding into 4, and then insult Guard Valon's mother. He'll reply appropriately, but don't worry, you won't lose any experience and this is the first and last time we need to employ this type of porting.

Weeeelllll welllll weeeellll, look where we are once again. Ah, the lovely Faydark.

Old 02-13-2018, 01:46 PM
Sarnak

I like it.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:24 PM
Banned

Really like it dude. A promising entry in the annals of p99's strangely specific, questionably useful class guides.

Of course starting with the glorious DE SK guide by EBK Bluuhd (a personal hero of mine)

And I notice you are referring to skellertangs by the proper name skellington listed in my own guide, playing a Dwarf Rogue a tribute to EBK Bluuhd

I am really happy someone is picking up the torch of this historic and very important project, you're doing a great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Awwwwwww yissssssss
Shit made me laugh.
Old 02-16-2018, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

Default Levels 4-5

Levels 4 - 5

Now that we are back in our home sweet home, it's time to head to the bank and re-equip all our items, withdraw all our shiny platty plats, and most importantly, grab them thar boner chips!!

From the bank, do a hop, a skip, and a jump right on over to the Druid guild. Let's pay Mr. Heartwood Master a visit and max our 1 Handed Slashing. If you have not done so yet, pick up any old 1hs, if it is a rusty weapon, sharpen it. We want our 1HS maxed for that glorious day when our future raiding guild neckbeards bless upon us our epics!

Next on the list? BUY OUR LEVEL 5 SPELLS! HELL YEAH BOBBY! Don't forget to buy Gate, especially.

LOL did you see that water! What a joker, water is so funny sometimes.

Find Uleen Laughingwater, and buy your level 5 spells. Camouflage, Cure Poison, Cure Disease, Gate, Burst of Fire, Whirling Wind, Ward Summoned, Harmony, Grasping Roots. If you have not done so, purchase any level 1 spells, too. I needed Flame Lick and Endure Fire.

Once you have purchased your level 5 spells, it's time to run to Kalimdor. You might start your journey from the ever popular pod life.
You might also say, but Fatdog, those aren't places in EverQuest, but you'd be wrong.

This guy's either lost, or a big fan of the christian nu-metal band Payable on Death, a popular 90's angsty teen band, and one of my personal favorites, but don't be confused.

Once you've reached Kalimdor, head to the Paladin guild. We're looking for Gunlok Jure, the demanding little dwarf.

Start turning in your bone chips, I managed to collect enough to *almost* ding me to level 6!

Did someone say ding? Oh, because that was MY DING, you dirty motherless gnoll.

Scribe those newspells.jpg, and Gate the hell outta this place to begin the next step of our GRAND ADVENTURE.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:59 AM
Banned

😍
Old 02-16-2018, 02:32 PM
Planar Protector

Always awesome when people write guides for p99! Keep up the great work Shrubwise! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems like the start of a potentially useful guide for truly new people (which admittedly is a small group). However, I feel like it glosses over some things that would be difficult for a true newbie (eg. "head to the Druid guild" ... heading anywhere in Kelethin is almost impossible for newbies, so a map with a path might be handy).

Also might I suggest moving this to the wiki instead? It will last longer, give you more control over formatting, etc.
If he doesn't and continues to update this or you (loramin) don't move it over. I'll move it over to the wiki as complete as possible. Bookmarked to check for future updates!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-16-2018, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

I’m writing it as I level, and my Druid is an alt so I’m looking at completing it when he dings 50. I am playing very casually these days so it probably won’t be finished for 6 months, but got damn it I am going to see it through.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

Cool Levels 6-8

Levels 6-8

I came here to do two things: level sense heading, and take advantage of free market capitalism.

Once you have returned to our lovely Faydark, it's time to pay our guild master a visit and make some phat bucks. Supply and demand is going to see you making millions of plats. Eventually. But right now, you'll probably get about 5 gold per fire beetle eye. Every gold counts, for a struggling young druid such as yourself. Make that dough, and head to the Druid guild master and put one point into sense heading, if you haven't already. Make a hot key on your actions bar, and bind one of your A,S,D, or W keys to that button slot, and watch your Sense Heading skill skyrocket, because being lost in EverQuest sucks.

Once you have done so, we make another long boat journey back to Freeport. If you're lucky, you'll find a friendly High Elf to give you a bind at the gates. *GET A BIND AT THE GATES* because the next leg of our adventure is long, boring, and dangerous.

If you are lucky this friendly High Elf will bless you with Pants Clarity, the most rarest of all Clarity's.

I cheated for the next step. I am a basic bitch for the next step. I coerced a druid I found in East Commons with some sexual favors I shall not speak of, to port me to North Karana.

Some sage advice from my porter; don't drink and play, folks.

If you are unable to coerce a druid or wizard into giving you a port to the Karanas, then find a Quicky McQuickfeets from someone in E.C. and run to Qeynos. Get a bind in Qeynos, and it's time to venture into the Hills of Qeynos. Our primary targets are every gnoll in sight, but if you find yourself running out of mobs to kill because you are now a vicious level 6 killing machine, you can also throw giant bats and putrid skellingtons into the mix.

I'm level 6, I'm level 6, and you are not, so go kick some rocks, you dirty lot.

You might not know this about me, but I'm kind of a big deal. You might say people know me.

Continue killing gnolls all the way to level 7. They will start turning green cons on you, but keep killing them anyways. We are not after their experience, but their fangs. Loot every got-damn gnoll fang you see, and depending on how far into your level you are, you'll need about 10 or 15 to get to level 8.

Once you are a ways into level 7, or nearing level 7, and you have some gnoll fangs saved up, gate back to Qeynos and find Captain Tillin. He is in South Qeynos, in the warriors guild. Hand him 1 gnoll fang at a time and watch your EXP go bananas. At level 6, I was getting about 9% per fang, and at level 7, about 7-8% per fang. Rinse and repeat this process until you ding level 8!

After you have dung level 8, head to the bank in South Qeynos. Withdraw all your platty plats and empty your bags of loot.

The lack of platinum in my bank account is a little disheartening.

After you got all your platty plats, gate to North Qeynos and make a hop and a skip and a jump to Surefall Glade, via Qeynos Hills. Locate the druid guild; it's time to train and buy spells!

Excuse me mister but my eyes are up here.

Try not to get distracted. Put a single point into Meditate, and then visit Sallah the spell vendor. If you're broke like a joke, like me, then you will only be able to afford a few spells. I would recommend Ignite, Thistlecoat, Shield of Thistles, and Light Healing. Store them in your bags for later use, and gate back to North Qeynos. Make your way to the docks in South Qeynos; it's time to go for a ride.

No, please no! NOT ANOTHER BOAT RIDE.
Old 02-19-2018, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Next week on The Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid Fatdog meets up with Sneaksy in a light-hearted unforgettable cross-over episode you won't want to miss.

Will Fatdog work up the courage to ask Sneaksy out on a date to the BB Chessboard?

Will Fatdog and Sneaksy visit the Ocean of Tears on a pleasure cruise?

Will Fatdog make it to lvl 10!?!?!

Tune in next week on.... The Somewhat Helpful Leveling Guide for the Casual Druid !!!!
Closed Thread