Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 06:19 PM
Planar Protector

Lendiniara the Keeper says 'Enter into the halls of testing to complete these tasks. Seek out the ancient ones inside and see if your might is as great as theirs and fear not, those who you slay will be returned to the temple by the gift of Veeshan's great power. I have three tasks, which any may complete, as well as a request of both the arcane and the strong.'

Lendiniara the Keeper says 'Those who believe they are strong may be surprised after such a task. Seek out the cursed one and slay him, return to me when you have gathered a Silver Tear, a Poison Tear, a Flame Kissed Tear and a Serrated Tear. End the cursed ones torment for a short time, before the high priest raises him to continue his suffering for eternity.

Confirmed all Vee's doing.
Old 02-18-2018, 07:23 PM
Planar Protector

There is a difference between literal game events and story-versions of those events. I think every named mob and many lore items actually appear only once, and every quest is completed only once (except for muffins and bounties). In the game, we all kill the same named mobs and do the same quests and get the same lore items, but in the story-version of game events, those parts are not included. It is explained in other ways. Sure, you and I both killed Lord Looney and turned in his head for a Ouiji Board of Spookies, but only one of us actually has it and the other has some other item or ability that allows the storyline of our SolB exp group to occur. For a more sensible example, the Ring 10 war only happens once, but we get to relive it over and over and each of us gets to play the role of hero. It's like re-reading part of a book. It is not actually written down twice; you just read it again.
Last edited by Videri; 02-18-2018 at 07:26 PM..
Old 02-18-2018, 08:36 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 PM
Kobold

I think it is more relevant to believe that we are the sole protagonist in the game. ie each person is the main character in their adventure. So when we kill some mob and accomplish that task, in "our" timeline we are the only one that have accomplished this.

Sorta like some parallel universe where we can all see each other but the NPCs are un-able to do so, and when we help others accomplish their lore tasks we are temporarily joining them in their timeline.

(readies another acid trip)

Least that is my thought on it
Old 02-19-2018, 02:39 AM
Banned

You’re killing real players souls trapped in NPCs that are born into this digital world
The birth life marriage is edited out of the game and hidden from real life players
So they don’t learn the real truth of this reality for the poor digitally trapped souls
Each spawn is a different part of their existence at a different point in time and space of their digital lives

Old 02-19-2018, 06:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re killing real players souls trapped in NPCs that are born into this digital world
The birth life marriage is edited out of the game and hidden from real life players
So they don’t learn the real truth of this reality for the poor digitally trapped souls
Each spawn is a different part of their existence at a different point in time and space of their digital lives

Is this black mirror season 5 episode 1?

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-19-2018, 10:17 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They didn't intend on single pulling either, wanted groups to have to deal with pockets of mobs at a time. It's actually a lot more fun to fight this way.
If this was their intention, why would they add Pacify and Harmony spells?
Old 02-19-2018, 10:28 AM
Sarnak

I always thought that respawn mechanic in MMOs is extremely immersion-breaking. I remember it was especially bad in Vanguard newbie zone, when a monster would respawn seconds after being killed.

I also seem to remember there was some game where repop would only happen when nobody is looking[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

! The truth is stranger than fiction
Old 02-19-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this black mirror season 5 episode 1?
It has already been established Lulz is forum quest's Charlie Brooker (or whoever it is that does that Black Mirror thang).
Closed Thread