Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2020, 12:12 PM
Orc

Question Questions, Questions...

Hi there. Thanks for checking out my post. i was wondering a few things...

1.) Whenever the Green and Blue servers merge together, what will happen to characters with the same alias on both servers? (with both toons on both servers being owned by a single account, or 2 different players who had the same alias but weren't aware)

2.) is there anyone with atleast TWO level 50+ on their account with the same class? Example: 53 HLF WAR and 57 Human War both on same toon select screen, on blue server. i don't know why anyone would do this, but i was curious nonetheless... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

3.) any XP penalty for hybrid classes on GREEN?
Old 07-04-2020, 02:42 PM
Banned

1. dunno

2. dunno

3. yes 40% for hybrids, and that is multiplied by the race exp penalty, so troll / ogre SKs have it bad
Old 07-04-2020, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphyer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1.) Whenever the Green and Blue servers merge together, what will happen to characters with the same alias on both servers? (with both toons on both servers being owned by a single account, or 2 different players who had the same alias but weren't aware)

2.) is there anyone with atleast TWO level 50+ on their account with the same class? Example: 53 HLF WAR and 57 Human War both on same toon select screen, on blue server. i don't know why anyone would do this, but i was curious nonetheless... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

One of rhe guys who wrote a necro guide had 2 60 necros on Blue. He got a dark elf to 60 then was bummed he didn't make an Iksar so he made an iksar.

I could see doing it if you're super hardcore and wanted the absolute minmax race/class combo, or if you just love the class and enjoy leveling.
Old 07-04-2020, 05:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphyer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

1) If people were allowed to have characters with the same name on both teal and green, then I imagine whatever they did for that merge will be what they do for the (far away, but almost inevitable) merge of Blue with Green. Names are registered to an account across all servers, so no one name can be claimed by more than one account.

The other questions were (kind of) answered already.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yep! Hybrid penalties existed until Velious. 40% extra exp required for BRD/RNG/PAL/SK which is multiplicative with racial penalties.

Troll SK for example is 68%, 1.4 (hybrid) * 1.2 (racial).
Old 08-12-2020, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Let’s not forget that monks have a 20% exp penalty and nec/wiz/mag/enc have a 10% penalty until some time during Velious.
Old 08-12-2020, 03:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
On Live, a lowercase X was appended to the newcomer. Talax, Potatusx, etc.

Bonus points if your character’s name ends with “se.”
Closed Thread