Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-13-2019, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

Default Still having issues starting the game since v49 +v49b

Any one else? I can get the game to boot with v47 patch DSETUP.dll. and v49b patch files but it says spell files out of date and then no matter what i do with v49 or v49b DSETUP.dll + all other patch filesthe game will not boot for me on ubuntu 19.10 using wine 4.0.2-1. error says, cannot load eqgame.exe. have checked all security stuff and what not copied all the files every way i know how and also copied a good install files from a differemt machine that launched and loaded characters.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Saw a guy on discord with the same issue. It ended up being the two DSETUP.dll files. It was using the old one rather than the new one. You have to delete/rename the old one to get it to use the new one.

My dsetup.ll is 2.91 MB if that helps figuring out which is which.
Old 09-13-2019, 05:18 PM
Sarnak

Yea , Ive tried that, still nothing unfortunatlly
Old 09-13-2019, 06:58 PM
Kobold

Another issue with linux is that the name of DSETUP.dll is case sensitive. It needs to be in all caps. That and make sure you got rid of the right one.
Old 09-17-2019, 04:40 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I found 2 things needed and I was finally able to get it to work.
1. You need to right click the dsetup.dll and down there at the bottom you may have an option to "unblock" it. You need to click that if it's there as that will stop the computer from allowing the DLL to be accessed
2. Make sure you run eqgame.exe in winxp sp2 compatability mode, I read a thread before to do 98 / ME and that is what it was set at for me, saw another thread to use win xp sp2 and that worked for me.
Old 09-21-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Thank you everyone, everything is workong well now, moved to --- > Fixed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-27-2019, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrtyByt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2. Make sure you run eqgame.exe in winxp sp2 compatability mode, I read a thread before to do 98 / ME and that is what it was set at for me, saw another thread to use win xp sp2 and that worked for me.
Worked for me as well. +1