Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2019, 11:52 AM
Aviak

Sneak is a really useful skill if you know what you're doing. It may very well be worth giving up the root necklace and DS gloves for the ability to sneak of you're comparing to wood elves.

However, the ability to wear visible robes is worth far more than hide or sneak. Tunare worshipping human druid is your best bet.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 09-29-2019, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benanov [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to stop you here. This doesn't work, verified as a few days ago.

Handing in items to a mob breaks both Gather Shadows and Hide on my IKS SHD.

I'm factioning up by handing in 5gp to Guard Shilster in NK, who is Corrupt Qeynos Guards and I'm currently Threateningly.

I walk up, after casting Gather Shadows, to Shilster. He cons indifferent. I hand him 5gp.

Gather Shadows actually disappears from the buff list and I get the message about it wearing off (Your shadows fade.) Cons threateningly.

Re-casting gather shadows DOES work, however, and I can perform the turn-in and get another bottle of Blackburrow Stout.

So I hand him another 5gp, and Gather Shadows breaks again. This time I hide. Let's say it succeeds (it doesn't always, cap is 75 for SHD) and I con indifferent. I do the turn-in, and I get another bottle of Stout, and those sweet sweet faction hits.

I hand him another 5gp. Hide doesn't give a message that it's no longer working and the button is still depressed in the UI - but I go back from indifferent to threateningly.

You should be able to verify this with any char that has two sources of invis on any mob that takes a turn-in and cons something other than indifferent.

The only thing that might work? I believe a successful hide will break Gather Shadows, but if that's not the case you could invis, then hide, then hand in the items and see what happens.

If you have a method that you think will work, I'm game to hear what it is, and will test it with Trooper Mozo. I'm near Cabilis, and am ally to the troopers so I can replicate the test.
Yes, the way to use invis for indifferent turnins is to start the turn in, with the trade box open THEN you invis, then you accept it, which doesnt break invis and treats you as indif. Starting a trade while invis or hidden breaks them.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:58 PM
Fire Giant

Tunare human druid.

Significantly enhanced endgame stats with PD robe being BiS.
Actually wears a robe when in Robe of the Spring.
By far the best velious custom helm.

Fashion is king. Roll a real class if you need sneak to matter much.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Significantly enhanced endgame stats with PD robe being BiS.
Actually wears a robe when in Robe of the Spring.
Why is everyone obsessed with wearing dresses?

(I'll admit on Druids, it might make sense... but for some reason every warrior, sk, ranger seems to want to too).
Old 09-30-2019, 10:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tbh I’ve never understood this either.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

(I'll admit on Druids, it might make sense... but for some reason every warrior, sk, ranger seems to want to too).
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 08:32 AM
Sarnak

I cannot stress enough how much Sneak amplifies the adventuring spirit of the Druid class. It opens doors to quests and exploration that would otherwise be closed.

Not to mention, a bushy mustache > some dress.

I created this thread to identify the pros/cons of Sneak vs. root neck. Root neck in late velious is meh. Root neck in classic may have changed my mind.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 10-01-2019, 11:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I cannot stress enough how much Sneak amplifies the adventuring spirit of the Druid class. It opens doors to quests and exploration that would otherwise be closed.

Not to mention, a bushy mustache > some dress.

I created this thread to identify the pros/cons of Sneak vs. root neck. Root neck in late velious is meh. Root neck in classic may have changed my mind.
Honestly, I think it depends a lot on your playstyle. It seems self-evident to you that Sneak is valuable ... but like I said I've never really used Sneak on my 60 Halfling Druid in his entire lifetime. I'm not saying this to disagree with you that Sneak is useful, I'm just pointing out that what seems obvious to one person isn't to another.

We've got four pages in this thread, and all anyone has said explicitly about Sneak is that you can use it to vendor/bank places you normally couldn't, and you can do quests with bad faction. But those are super rare/minor use cases (especially for Druids who can port whenever they want, and who start with "good' faction no matter what race they pick).

So if you really want a good discussion, and you want to tease out what other people see as valuable about the root necklace ... maybe stop "stress[ing] enough how much Sneak amplifies the adventuring spirit" and instead actually explain why you think Sneak is so useful.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 10-01-2019, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

Sneaking past mobs that see invis.
60 Iksar Monk
20 Halfling Druid

=== OMNI ===
Old 10-01-2019, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreldorEQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sneaking past mobs that see invis.
Where specifically?

You can't sneak past the ones in Kael right? Those are the only ones that I find annoying personally, but I assume you have other spots in mind?

Closed Thread