Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-24-2010, 03:21 PM
Kobold

Default Monk Balancing?

I was just curious what the dev standpoint is on Monks? I'll admit I played a Wizard as my main and didn't touch a Monk until long after the mega nerf, so I have hands-off knowledge of the difference.

But I was wondering what the plan is for Monks? Will they try to be kept pre-nerf, or post-nerf, or a happy medium? For those out of the know, I'm referring to their mitigation softcap/hardcap.

I don't necessarily want Monks to be as awesomesauce as they used to be, but I definitely don't want them to be post-nerf either.

I understand balancing is a tricky act, so I'm not complaining about how we are now. Like I said, just curious what the general view of the devs is, since we won't be seeing any of the Luclin+ equipment or AAs that threw a lot of Monk class definition out the window by turning monks into mildly-better-than-Druid tanks, way-worse-than-chanter pullers and less-than-warrior DPS.

Okay, that last sentence came off a bit whiny :P And yes, there's plenty of examples where it may not be true, but in general, that's how it felt to us in the PoP-ish era.

ex-Tholuxe Paells player

If I spent half as much time playing as forum-ing, I'd be 50 by now.