Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: Translocator ideas
I support the idea of a zone wide shout indicating spawn of the translocator 27 13.99%
I'm opposed to an NPC shout, not classic, don't do it! 10 5.18%
Keep the translocators up full time, this is lame 107 55.44%
Have them up all the time but only port every 10-15 minutes. 19 9.84%
I like it the way it is, don't change. 25 12.95%
I have another idea! Post below. 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Banned

I support either boats working fully or 24/7 translocators.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Planar Protector

If the intent is to have project1999 be closer to what eq was in 1999, then the translocaters need to be on timers. This is not about downtime or anything like that because if it were, then we'd have to change most of code and database. This is about getting this as close to classic as we can, not about making this into a modern mmorpg.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfnblorsh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Later that day...

"The death toll is currently at 278 and rising. We'll have more coverage on this day of infamy as the carnage continues. Back to you, Jim."
Oh, the humanity!
Old 11-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Aviak

Oh, and to nerd rage:

I just died waiting for the OOT Translocator to spawn.

In classic, I'd have been on the boat and this wouldn't have happened. lulz. Died twice now.

Go, go evil race!

Edit: Thanks for porting me, Vonyor.
Last edited by Kreigore; 11-23-2009 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: Update
Old 11-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Orc

every 10-15min, it simulates boats better. most people will vote don't change because it's natural to be lazy.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by emubird [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is not vital that we be able to move around Norrath on a whim. Travel doesn't have to be easy, in order for the game to be good. It also doesn't have to be quick, in order for the game to be good.
I never said traveling should be easy. The population is low; therefore, it takes quite sometime to find a generous person to teleport.

It should have been a.) left alone, b.) get the boats functioning or c.) have the timer as it is now, but alter the "spawn points" of the translocators. Evil races should not have to be ported into trouble. I was aggroed immediately as I was translocated in.
Old 11-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreigore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said traveling should be easy. The population is low; therefore, it takes quite sometime to find a generous person to teleport.

It should have been a.) left alone, b.) get the boats functioning or c.) have the timer as it is now, but alter the "spawn points" of the translocators. Evil races should not have to be ported into trouble. I was aggroed immediately as I was translocated in.
Which spot? I thought I'd fixed them =(
Old 11-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

Translocater says, "Hail, and well met, weary traveler! Would you like to [stand around for twenty minutes roleplaying and reliving one of the more drab instances of EQClassic], or would like to [port the fuck to OOT now]?"

Seriously, I am 100% behind letting anyone who wants to sit and wait 10-20 minutes before they translocate to wherever they are going do just that. The amusing thing is, they can do this without sadlling the masses with the same fate.

Honestly, if I'm a level 17 gnome magician sitting on the docks maxing my fishing before i make my way to OOT, is making my own fun enough? Do I really need to cock-block the naked human next to me who's on a corpse run?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seriouolsy...Its TOO easy to travel? Tons of Druids/Wizzies looking to port?
I'm sorry did I miss something? Have you TRIED to get a damn BIND in city? TONS of people coming to help out with that... ROFL !!!

Want to make it MORE like old EQ? Refresh my lay hands when I die..Just like OLD EQ =)

Paladin of Tarew Marr
Old 11-24-2009, 12:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Which spot? I thought I'd fixed them =(
coming from FP to OOT i was in his group he died...
Closed Thread