Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Guides shouldn’t help on rotted corpses, shouldn’t help on failed quest turn ins, and shouldn’t intervene in player raid or group/solo camp disputes.

They should be fixing stuck characters and things of that nature that are well outside the player’s hands.

P99 players have gotten too familiar with GM Intervention, they come to expect it. This makes for weak players who then complain about unclassic windows being removed because they can’t figure out how to make their own hotkeys to play the game as classic intended.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guides shouldn’t help on rotted corpses, shouldn’t help on failed quest turn ins, and shouldn’t intervene in player raid or group/solo camp disputes.

They should be fixing stuck characters and things of that nature that are well outside the player’s hands.

P99 players have gotten too familiar with GM Intervention, they come to expect it. This makes for weak players who then complain about unclassic windows being removed because they can’t figure out how to make their own hotkeys to play the game as classic intended.
I easily agree with the corpse intervention. Unless a corpse is unreachable, be responsible for your own death. You have a week or whatever to get it back... Shouldn't go solo in plane of fear if you have to leave town for 2 weeks without computer access.. Be an adult.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:55 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Not sure where you get your information but guides have standing policy to not assist with corpse recoveries unless the corpse is stuck in geometry, or it expired. We don't assist with botched MQ's either.

PnP Enforcement was definitely a job of the Guides and GM staff back in Clasisc.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 09-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercanuck [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't implying that you had any input on development.

I was referring to the passive aggressive comments/gifs towards quality of life features. You know, non-classic stuff that's been around for a decade.
The GM's have always posted passive aggressive comments/gifs, including Sirken. Don't know why you think this is somehow a new thing.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:28 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattydef [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GM's have always posted passive aggressive comments/gifs, including Sirken. Don't know why you think this is somehow a new thing.
Not classic.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure where you get your information but guides have standing policy to not assist with corpse recoveries unless the corpse is stuck in geometry, or it expired. We don't assist with botched MQ's either.

PnP Enforcement was definitely a job of the Guides and GM staff back in Clasisc.
But why even assist with returning expired corpses?
Old 09-09-2019, 01:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prostatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ivandyrs Hoop
Zlandicar
Flurry Drakes with tied agro
Rooted Dragons
Item Linking

Your playing on a Custom Server
Players aren't classic. Figured out how to break Ivandyrs Hoop and using recharges to continue doing it... nah bro nothing wrong here. Just because I never heard of it in era doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I lurk forums I am into pretty hard then and now. I never remember seeing someone post about it, sure some can keep secrets but come on.. a guild instant killing a raid mob would get telescoped by the first GM that noticed. People brag just as much now and gossip has never changed. Please link some examples.

Rooted Dragon, give it a rest. Easy pixels doing something they would have slammed your dink in the door for back then. Players not classic so they break it here and one of the green texts let it go on for years spoiling the entitled cry babies. Please link some examples.

Item Links, sure. Agreed.

I can repost this BS just as much as a guy with pro status.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Meanwhile you could dig up posts from 10 years ago where people are like OH NO COMPASS GONE!?? NOOOO!!!!

Nah, I dont think that is the reason. This isnt a "god damn new players" population problem. This is just regular gamer nerd bullstuff.

The old players would be crying too if they hadnt quit already. Hell, you're an old player and here you are complaining about the staff choices the same as them. So yeah, I don't think this is a result of CSR summoning corpses of players who have jobs, families, and lives now.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

I haven't logged in since compass was removed. It completely broke the game.
Old 09-09-2019, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Dear O(regional)P(oyster),

(I) Allow myself to share some thots with you:

1.) if you did not rely on modern (out of era, henceforth OOE) voice chat tools to facilitate you're *elfplay*, youd be able to weave slashpet commands and emotes alike between presses of "wasdspace"and "1" -through- "0".
TWO.) your gay
4.) why would you expect to have any idea of your pet's general vigor without looking at him (or her as the case may be)?

Sincerely,

good sense
Closed Thread